xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
spy_charly

Mysql how to access MySQl from my computer

hello guys!, does anyone know which is the host or the ip of MySQL in Xisto in order to access the server from a program called Navicat, i know Xisto has PHPMyAdmin but i would like to acces with this Navicatthanx in advance.

I think the host is 'localhost'. Thats what I have always used for all my database stuff, and it has always worked. I think most hosts, because they run their own MySQL service locally, can use 'localhost' as the host name.

Since I have not heard of this program before, I am guessing "Navicat" is a program that runs on your computer and you want to remotely connect to the server's mysql database. If this is the case, then "localhost" would not work since it would be trying to connect to yourself.I am not quite sure, but I would try using the ip addresses that you use for domains. Before I would do that, I would try your site's address. That ususally works. In this case, where it asks for host.... I would put "sf.trap17.com" You would switch sf to what your site name is.If the program doesn't allow domains, and wants an ip.... Try the ip address for domains as I said before.They are: NS1.TRAP17.COM = 64.69.39.170 and NS2.TRAP17.COM = 64.69.35.177Hope it helps ;)xJedix