xisto Community
KooL

Amd Verses Intel which do you prefer?

Now that I am 5 weeks into my computer hardware class I can say that depending on your tastes of computers; including name brand hardware and software. I would say it would a matter of preference; this is because of the Intel has been leading the hardware business for a long time until AMD brought out it's athlon processors, then AMD was becoming more popular especially on the fact that their hardware was a lot cheaper then Intel and could do just as much at lower MHz. Howver, Intel came back with a vengeance with the Core 2 Duo processor and reproclaimed it's title as Processor King. Right now AMD best hardware has yet to meet or beat Core 2 Duo in terms of raw power, but rest assured most likely they have something that could meet or beat C2D. Although both processors and motherboards can be over clocked to the extreme, AMD processors are used more for gaming machines like Alienware computers for instance use the AMD processors, intel is used more primarily for business and heavy multimedia production because of what it can handle for it's price range. Of course there are other factors that separate the two including the form factor, chip sets and various other hardware.In early 2004-2005 the BTX form factor was supposed to replace the again ATX form factor (been out since 1995), and since the ATX form factor has been standard for over 10 years, not many people were going to switch over to BTX because of the costs to replace the hardware and towers. Since Intel was the producer of the BTX this help AMD a lot because many people and business didn't take to the new change, of course Intel stopped producing the BTX form factor in 2006, but other companies are still selling BTX hardware for the BTX machine. with the chip sets its a metter of preference will your building a custom computer from scratch, since you want the processor and motherboard to match the chipset that is being used for optimal performance. Of course though Intel and AMD both have a third opponent Nvidia, they are coming up fast and furious with computer hardware that rival both of them. All in all though it is a matter of preference and the question you have to ask yourselves is How much am I willing to pay for a good set of hardware? and is it what I need for the computer that I am making?

I would go for Intel, because nvidia really works proffesinally with intel, AMD is trash but with good FSB, and intel specs are only until 1066FSB, thats good for something, and intel is cheap, but got to say, AMD sucks for gaming, AMD mostly doesnt work for both video cards, especially the FX-60 its the same sh*t as the other 1.8 ghz amd athlon 64 and athlon xp, their all the same.But intel actually brings more speed AND makes more processes at the same time, when your encrypting a cd, and your playing a game at the same time, the cpu takes half, on each, its called Hyper Threading technology, Man... io love computers,But last thing b4 i go, Intel ROCKS ! xD

In a technological idea, Intel is made for kind of both gaming and office use, AMD is just a waste of money and good for games, But AMD is good for gaming tounrmants, tournaments at the moment rather get sponsored by Intel than AMd because Intel is getting more money. That's the only reason AMD is not better, but AMD Surely doesnt understand how to input drivers, and etc, AMD has the fewest problems more than Intel , ====== This is my Opinion========

My last desktop PC had an AMD Athlon 64 3000+MHz and I was programing in beginning level, playing video games, converting audio and videos and what ever somebody can do with a PC. My AMD respond so well and I never had any problem with that. Also once in a while I used to overclock it with my Mainboard's software which is not so professional. Actually in games I didn't have any problem with CPU, my only problem was my graphic card. I had some friends who bought their PC in same time. They paid more money for Intel processor but they always had problems with games.

Also I bought a laptop which use a AMD Turion X2 and it shows a good work in games and programming it just get hot sometimes and I think it's because it's a laptop and laptops are usually like this. At all I never had any problems with AMD processors.

In my opinion buying Intel processors for home uses and playing video games is not right and it's just wasting money. You can always buy a stronger processor with same price or buy a similar processor for less and pay the saved money for the other parts.

Which company u like better?rite now AMD has the edge over intel with there 64 and FX series...

Intel bailed out on their 2 year research of that graphic chip they were designing......

I'm in favor of AMD right now.

Intel bailed out on their 2 year research of that graphic chip they were designing......

This is quite true, however AMD's prices are only that much lower compared to Intel's current prices. And with Intel coming up strong on the marketing side, the isn't much light at the end of the tunnel for AMD...