xisto Community
Compute

What Does Bluetooth Do?

I'm thinking of getting this phone.

And it comes with bluetooth. Does that mean i can transfer images/mp3 files to my phone for free? Or is there a fee?

Also if i put mp3 files on this phone can i make them my ringtones?

Also Which do you think is better:

Or

https://www.att.com/wireless/

Thanks for the help.

1 last question for the Samsung D307 can i coustomise the background?

Ok... 1.Bluetooth isnt a way to transfer files or music it is simplyan interface with other bluetooth headsets, (it wont proplerlyconnect to your computer via bluetooth)2.yes you can make .mp3's as ringtones becasue on my samsung phone i would assume it will work for you3.you can change the background on all phones (that i know of ;) )4.either would be good im not reall picky on cell phones, i just pick the one that works and is too my liking ;)

yah im sure you can transfer files for free ..aslong as the other phone has bluetooth...and im thinking you could probably connect it to your computer if you use a bluetooth HUB ? ;) who knows.

bluetooth pretty much is wireless stuff such as headsets...for my computer i have blue tooth keyboard and mouse and there are millions of other things too!i dont see y you cant connect your phone to you computer using bluetooth as long as your phone has a send recive and the computer does too....

Bluetooth is a technology for commnunicating wirelessly between different devices.

The distance between two bluetooth devices can be as far as 100meters, depending the versions of the bluetooth adapter.

Normally, for mobile phone, you can use bluetooth to connect to the handfree headset and transfer file between other mobile phones or comupter.

But, actually not all the phones that equiped with bluetooth can transfer files. Some of the functions may blocked so that the phone can only connect to handfree. But I don't know why they are blocked.

I'm thinking of getting this phone.

And it comes with bluetooth. Does that mean i can transfer images/mp3 files to my phone for free? Or is there a fee?

Also if i put mp3 files on this phone can i make them my ringtones?

Also Which do you think is better:

Or

https://www.att.com/wireless/

Thanks for the help.

1 last question for the Samsung D307 can i coustomise the background?

214029[/snapback]

Bluetooth allows you to transfer files from your cellphone to another cellphone as long as both have blutooth capabilities. If your CP has a camera you can transfer the pictures or other files to your friend's CP wirelessly. CPs before used Infrared technology but it's slow and won't work when there's something of an obstruction between the two phones. With bluetooth you can transfer almost all file formats and even with greater distance(depending on the adapter). I say you buy it if you have the money. ;) By the way, most Nokia and Ericsson models that are coming out already use Bluetooth technology so why not choose among these 2 brands.

It does a few things:- Transfer of data between devices that have the bluetooth function- This can include images, videos, addresses and more- It is used to link devices so sharing of files is possible- Made to get rid of wires so things could get easier- Can be used for a headset, speakers, laptops, computers, and basically anything else that has bluetooth....It was done because infared sucked on phones because of the distance where as bluetooth had 10m distance ;) Now you know ;)

well in my opinion and being direct, bloototh is like the wirelles LAN but with less range of distance....and obiouslly as you do on the internet you can download pics, music, games etc... and another difference is that you dont configure the device you just tell it to connect and it connects or atleast look for possible responses..

you can transfer from pc to phone and vice versa if your pc has bluetooth and if not buy a bluetooth donglein uk about ?10you can send a file to a phone far away using MMS which is like a text message but multimedia meaning anything can be sent including filesyou will get charged for this though and it may need activationg by your service provider

Notice from rvalkass:
Merged double post. Remember you can use the Edit button to add to your posts.