xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
urlsubmission123kid

Windows Vista Memory Requirement? RAM needed to operate Windows Vista

I would say that 512mb is not even enough for smooth performance of windows xp nowadays. So, yea I guess 1Gb or even 2Gb would be just right for that new operating system. Besides I think it is recommended to have a dual-core processor to run it at full speeds and let your pc uncover all of its hidden potential.

the real question, is your vid card capable of Aero Glass? Anything above an FX 5200 should be fine for it.....but if you have a dell or HP< chances are its an onboard vid card, or a really crappy one inside...but ya, 1GB is what your gonna want for Vista...maybe even 2GB like me....

what ram is required to run operating system WINDOWS VISTA?

ya, i heard that vist requires a lot of ram (1G), ut ram is pretty cheap these days, so it shouldnt be a problem.............

Wasn't the minimum for XP 128mb? (or perhaps even 64mb) Anyway, to get the best performance out of XP, 512mb is optimal. I'd be guessing with a minimum of 512mb for Vista you'd definitely want 1gb for ease of normal use, and more for heavier usage.

so, what i know is the recommanded configuration of your computersystem 1GB ram [i would say use 2GB]and an Intel 3GHZ CPU [use a amd-2,8 GHZ cpu, and your windows vista will fly]

the harddrive of choice should be at least 200 GB if you use internet.

have fun :(

I'm using 512MB RAM on my computer and I've tested a beta version of Windows Vista some time ago. It was terribly slow, even for booting into Windows, and even shutting the computer down. Every single click took me some time. Afew times I was also prompted about the low memory available and Windows then would reorganise its pagefile to suit it's requirements automatically. I have not even installed any software yet. Anyway I was eager about Vista so I went to test it.I'm running, still, on 512MB and a GeForce 4 graphics card. The new Vista interface I must say really looks good. Especially it's animations and transitions between different windows. If I didn't remember wrongly, now each window has a drop shadow or alpha channel or something related with pretty high graphical content. So I guess even high quality of graphic cards are also recommended for Vista.Basically to sum up, to use Vista means its a huge investment. Not only the operating system itself is expensive, the hardware that it require to run Vista will sure to cost a bomb. If you are running a high-end gaming PC now, probably when you install Vista on it, it will no longer be considered a real fast gaming PC. Be sure you have extra fans for your CPU and GPU as well. And be prepared for high electric bills.

If they say the minimum is 512MB, then for making it work properly, you must have 1GB =P :( 2GB for heavy applications.When XP was released it was supposed to run fine with 128MB, but only without any other application, jajaja, for a good performance you need at least 512MB.

I guys...? have windows vista setted on a test machine only with 256Mb and it runs pretty good. Don?t forget to disable an unused/unwanted services from windows startup and it will work without any problems.Don?t forget that a part of memory you?ll need a powerfull CPU because vista as some graphic effects that will put your CPU usage near 100%.For older machines i advice you not to install Vista :) my PIII 850mhz works but lower than this.... forget it ! :P

Sorry to say vista is very idiot window bcoz its requirement is very high and a normal user is can't afford. so Please I request all of my dear friends don't waist ur money for this windows. use just xp/linux nothing else.Best Regards.-TAHIR JAAN