xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
viplanet

Sober Virus Spreads by a click

Three new variants of the Sober worm are spreading across the Internet via e-mail messages. These viruses are activated when a user clicks on malacious attachment.
But the attachments can be recognized by their names: Exceltab-packed_List.exe, Liste.zip and Reg-List-Dat_Packer2.exe., reg_text.zip Word-Text.zip, Word-Text_packedList.exe and Word-Text_packedList.zip.

Last month, a variant of the Sober worm was spread as an attachment that claimed to be an old class photo sent by a schoolmate.

Sober can hijack a Windows-based computer and force it to send spam e-mails. The continuous e-mailing can lead to overloaded servers and reduced network performance.

The virus creators appeared to taunt security experts with a message left in the code which reads: "Use your debuggers, it's fun."

So be carefull

Notice from serverph:
placed in quotes. copied and scrambled text from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
please review Xisto forum rules and TOS. credits adjusted.

Edited by serverph (see edit history)

Three new variants of the Sober worm are spreading across the Internet via e-mail messages. These viruses are activated when a user clicks on malacious attachment.

But the attachments can be recognized by their names: Exceltab-packed_List.exe, Liste.zip and Reg-List-Dat_Packer2.exe., reg_text.zip Word-Text.zip, Word-Text_packedList.exe and Word-Text_packedList.zip.

Last month, a variant of the Sober worm was spread as an attachment that claimed to be an old class photo sent by a schoolmate.

Sober can hijack a Windows-based computer and force it to send spam e-mails. The continuous e-mailing can lead to overloaded servers and reduced network performance.

The virus creators appeared to taunt security experts with a message left in the code which reads: "Use your debuggers, it's fun."

So be carefull

213418[/snapback]

sorry i posted it here

Notice from serverph:
moved to appropriate forum.
Edited by serverph (see edit history)

Obviously a dangerous virus. You could be blamed for spamming too. I dislike viruses (I wonder why). The worst I think is malware because it causes your operating system to lose function. Thanks for the alert. I hope they come out with a good anti virues for it. I mean, spread by a click, that is bad. You usually have to click and open the attachment. Oh well, thanks for the alert. I will be watching out for this one.

Yeah, its horrible... I dont know whats the meaning of making viruses and distroy others computer. I hate Viruses, they stuck on my computer and I have to find them and remove them... Rghhh...Who was the first who got this tought and started to make visuses? But whoever he/she was they where ass_**** ;)

Yea I agree and I think the first virus that came out was Melissa or something like that. And the F.B.I traced him long time and finaly they found him and got a hugde ammount to pay. Yea and there is no meaning with viruses, the only thing you get is to pay, and get in jail if they get you. So those who are making viruses are just spending their life for nothing. ;)

virii like these often lead to getting into legal issues because the emails are getting sent by your computer. Your ISP and authorities might knock on our door or call you to ask what's going on...when you have no clue.

This could seriously be quite a fright to offices that have people who often bone-headedly open attatchments. Everyone better keep an eye out for this. IT kind of scares the bageezus out of me.