xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
itssami

Can I Redirect A Forum To My Url?

I want to ask , for example i have my domain hosted on Xisto.The adress will be , http://www.mydomain.com/ , and then i get a form hosted on anyother site, and it has its own url...can i redirect that form to my domain such that it looks like forum.mydmain.com ? or mydomain.com/forum , etc? In simple words i want to use the third party hosted free forum but i want to use my url..not their..Is is allowed generally??

Within your CPanel create a subdomain named 'forum'. It will ask you where you want that subdomain to redirect to, and just copy the external link of your forum into there.Now because your Domain name will be pointing to Xisto name servers, and the domain 'parked' in your CPanel, when users go to "forum.mydomain.com' then it will take them to your forum.Any problems with that, let me know.

Yes that's a good idea.Or what u can do is Use Frames. Create Two Frames in one page.The Top most frame will have a height of 0% and the this page will reside on ur domain.Sounds cool?Better u own ur own forum. Take a backup of the database and export it into ur Database.No Conflicts of Copyright or nething like that I guess.The frame idea is not entertained by many of the hosts.

Yes that's a good idea.

Or what u can do is Use Frames. Create Two Frames in one page.

The Top most frame will have a height of 0% and the this page will reside on ur domain.

Sounds cool?

Better u own ur own forum. Take a backup of the database and export it into ur Database.

No Conflicts of Copyright or nething like that I guess.

The frame idea is not entertained by many of the hosts.

213149[/snapback]

Yes, that may also will work, What if you get a browser that doesn't support the using of frames, and it doesn't help much when it comes to finding your Forums on Search Engines.

I like your second idea, of moving your external database over to Xisto, but if he is using a 'third party' forum site, then he probably does not have access to the database, only 'limited' administration features.

you can bind the subdomain " forum.yournam.com" to your free forum host.then you can use this domain for your free forum service,..and if you can not bind the subdomain then only bind your "yourname.com"to the free forum host.its' the only way i think