xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
savge17

Iraq, Svaing Lives In Combat New Technology for roadside bombs

Some neat new combat "toys" that will help save loves of our beloved soldiers fighting in Iraq. Everyone knows that Roadside bombs and enemy movement is crucial for the war effort and keeping our soldiers safe and sound.

The car is just one of several new toys being tested by Fort Benning's Soldier Battle Lab.  Everything is meant to keep U.S. Troops safer in combat, and to give them an edge. For example, there's a remote-controlled surveillance airplane that's so small,  it's almost impossible for an enemy to shoot down.

The car in-fact will help us, and also another thing that is cool is the toy plane that can obsever enemy locations and pipoint crucial targets for the military. Check it all out here.
http://www.wtvm.com/Global/story.asp?S=4226133&nav=8fap

Keep US Troops safer in combat, how about keeping all troops out of unnesscessary combat in the first place. The way the world is working, by 2050 all we need is one person to give an order, and robots, machines and whatever else will just work, no humans involved at all. Pointless point of war!!

I don't think we should be using this thread to push political beliefs. Whatever politicans decide to do, that's their choice, go complain to them.The soldiers on the other hand will feel the bad parts, and it is a good thing to make them a bit more safer.

You've watched too much Matrix and Terminator, Eikon. Robots in war would either be remote controlled or would be run on very basic programming (they would find targets with certain characteristics and eliminate them). They wouldn't have concepts of abstract logic, so they couldn't ask "what if..?" questions to themselves. Furthermore, they probably wouldn't ever have a sentient consciousness at all - what would be the purpose when they could perform well enough as mindless hunks of metal?

I think the best way to keep US and other soldiers safe is to put them OUT OF IRAQ! Don't think that I don't have compassion for them because I know it is not their fault that they are there. I think that all those equipment is not important, because at last you have to go out and fight like that was done in the old days...I can only say on thing: BUSH & co. killed all those american soldiers and all IRAQI troops and civilians...He and his anti-terror war...he is fighting a war against something he created & now ppl have to die because of it..

Glockmeister suggested that this not become a political discussion, and I agree. This is the technology forum; not the debate forum.Unfortunately, the fighting isn't what kills most of the soldiers; it's the sniping and suicide bombing. Things like that aren't expected, and thus can't be properly defended against.

Some neat new combat "toys" that will help save loves of our beloved soldiers fighting in Iraq. Everyone knows that Roadside bombs and enemy movement is crucial for the war effort and keeping our soldiers safe and sound.

The car in-fact will help us, and also another thing that is cool is the toy plane that can obsever enemy locations and pipoint crucial targets for the military. Check it all out here.

http://www.wtvm.com/Global/story.asp?S=4226133&nav=8fap

212369[/snapback]

thats cool. they also have a side robot for every soldier. its under develpement. every soldiers get thier own robot and robot gets to carry stuff and give gps location an other info back to the soldier. there commin with a lot of neat stuff these days.

One must realize, however, that these "toys" cost big money. And that money comes for all the Americans who pay their taxes. So, whether or not you are willing to help soldiers out of your own wallet, you're going to do it.