xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Amezis

Adobe Completes Acquisition Of Macromedia Adobe and Macromedia are now one...

Well, firstly, I don't know if this is the right forum. Also, I used the search tool and couldn't find any topics about this.

On December 3, Adobe completes the acquisition of Macromedia. This means that the next Dreamweaver and ColdFusion will not be by Macromedia, but by both Macromedia and Adobe. Maybe Adobe Dreamweaver? :P

Read this page for more information:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

And of course, check out macromedias home page... You'll see the changes.

Well I know there was a topic talking about it I don't remember where but it didn't say it was final. It's going to be pretty interesting to see what name they take on. Will it be Macromedia Photoshop, or Adobe Flash lol or will they keep the separate names just work together under Adobe. Pretty interesting. They are gonna have to mee very high exectations now that they have combined.

so it fainally ahppen well last i knew they going to be seperate but for stocks and other money purposes they would have a new name of some sorts but that wasn't know yet, do yo uhappen to have a link for it they might have mentioned the new name for hte company.

Its seems that Adobe has a somewhat monopoly in the creative digital media world :D I mean, its got the industry standard Graphics programs, (illustrator and Photosahop), the industry standard web design tool (Dreamweaver) and the industry standard aniamtion software (Flash). . . .and while it isn't the industry standard video editing software Director is still a very big player . . . curently the industry standard is Apple's Final Cut pro, . . . well.. . . . i suppsoie only good cna come of this ;). . . . . good product intergration i suppose ;)

Thats cool, I hope that they can make a better photo editor now. I have always liked fireworks, and I hope they don't change it that much. I think that they still have some competition in the video editing world, especially with the new release of pinnacle studio 10.

I thought that they were already joined those two. I remember hearing that they were joining a long time ago, and I guess just assumed they would have by now.That's very cool now, that I know that it's really happened!And as the person above said, yes it does seem true that Adobe is getting a monopoly over this type of software. With the two major companies as one, it covers just about everything. Except, yes, Final Cut Pro, which I can't even get until I get my Apple anyway. Less than a year and I should have it.Hopefully there will be better integration of all the programs with one another so that we can swap between applications really easily. I would love that. Also having more than one of them run at a time on my computer would be a plus two, considering that everytime I have Photoshop and Flash open, my system crashes... (But I think that has more to do with the crappy laptops that the school gave us!)Anyway, I can't wait to see what the new versions of the programs will feature now that the possibilities seem so endless. *crossing my fingers for some good additions*

It seems like all of you see only positive aspects in this fusion. You are very optimistic, aren?t you? What about the disadvantages of it? Think about other monopolies... are they good? Only for themselves. Now Photoshop won?t need to make great improvements, because there won?t be a Fireworks that could menace his sells. The same with Freehand, Illustrator, etc. They can relax and release less versions with less changes. Free competence always means better products, better offers and more options for the user. But if there?s a monopoly we have to be happy with what it is, although it isn?t really good.The only good thing is the compatibility but I?m not sure if that?s enough good in the balance. Maybe it will be a good time to jump to freeware apps.