xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Compute

Can You Get Ringtones For Free?

I just got a cell and it doesnt have bule tooth. I want to know if i get the tone on my comp can i then get it on my cell for free Its one of them free phones. Do cell phones have email addresses? Can i just send the tone to my phones email and download it from my phone.... Does that cost anything...

If you were to do the email method, then yes, you would have to pay for data charges. If you do have internet included with your plan, then you can do this and not worry about having to pay extra just as long as you stay within your limit. Since you don't have bluetooth, you can still most likely get a cord for your phone and work from there...

Yes if you get a cord (of course which costs money) you can get ringtones from your computer. If you have internet you can send an email to yourself and download it right off your phone. If not then I would go for the cord. There was a commercial or something that said to text some word to 66566 for like jokes or free ringtones. I wouldn't try it though cause I think they spam you.

So lets say I get that cord. And I have a few mp3's can I use that cord to transfer the music to my phone and when I?m transferring they won't charge me right...Also how much does that cord cost and what?s it called? is it called cell phone cord or what?Also any idea how much cingular charges for downloading from an email?Could I send midi?s or mid?s since they are smaller.Also sorry for so many questions... but what is the cell phones email.Is it something like (818)555-5555@cingular.comThanks for all the help guys.Sorry for double post but lets say i download from a website do i get charges for that... The cell phone does have internet.Thanks

Notice from becca:
If need to edit a post please use the report button.

So lets say I get that cord. And I have a few mp3's can I use that cord to transfer the music to my phone and when Im transferring they won't charge me right...
Also how much does that cord cost and whats it called is it called cell phone cord or what

Also any idea how much cingular charges for downloading from an email

Could I send midis or mids since they are smaller.

Also sorry for so many questions... but what is the cell phones email.
Is it something like (818)555-5555@cingular.com

Thanks for all the help guys.

You would have to talk to Cingular for the chord you are looking for. They can't charge you for transferring things from your computer to your phone unless it requires emailing. If you use the chord it shouldn't cost anything. Your phone's email is your email. You connect to the internet and sign into your personal email I believe.

It depends on the model you are using. I don't have bluetooth either but I can download mp3s to my flash memory and copy them manually to my cellphone memory and then choose them as the ringtones. I think this method works for all motorola cellphones too. The most important thing is that you should be able to access the phone main memory, this can either be done by bluetooth, Infrared or USB (if you have the official connection package - you can download it freely from some sites) or copying. If you open a server and download mp3s to the phones, your company may charge you for data transfer fee. So the old method may be the best.

Really there is two ways that you can do it. First find a website that gives out the free ringtones. Make sure there is no hidden cost or any charges that they add. You can either buy the usb cable and hook your phone up to your computer or most websites will send you the ringtone through a text message and you will have to download it. You still have to pay the k/b fee and text message fee if you dont have it already handled on your plan. All together it is only like $0.30 though.

I hate those sites and commericials where they say that you get free ringtones or something and at the bottom in small print there is a subscription if you use the service. lol. I don't use those things.

NO your cellphone does not have any email address.You said that your phone does not have BT,Major brands atleast provide DATA cables.so look out for one.Also there are some sites over the net by which you can transfer you file to their wap site and access them through your GPRS. Instructions
1 First visit Website(Search in GOOGLE) and register
2 Sign up
3 Upload your files ie picture,ringtones
4 access the website from your phone
5 enter your is and password
6 Download your files
It is free

You'd have to watch out for those advertiser where they advertise the first or two ringtones for free. Yet they say in small print that there is a surcharge for using the service after downloading the first or second ringtone... :D

My (new) Vodafone 3G mobile phone has the Bluetooth/infrared and USB features. I was thinking that if I wanted to use one of my mp3 as a ringtone, how would I use said features - and would I be able to get the full length of the song. Just a thought.