xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SqlByte

Some Info Showin Up On Google

I have one suggestion, to put that robots.txt on this site and ban forum for requesting hosting here on Xisto.Becouse that gave away usefull informations for hackers, so they can use them agains owner of certant domain... In that request hosting forum there is nothing usefull for web search engines... but there is for hackers and script kiddies...So tell me is that posible to do ? :P

Hmmm... interesting proposal.I think the robots.txt would be the wrong approach, because the postings on that thread are probably included in a database along with everything else, and I think robots.txt can only deny an entire filename.Although it might be a security improvement if the Hosting request sub-forum would be "invisible" to guests? Only registered users could view? And only "Hosted" members once the application is approved?Actually, why are the approved forms left available to view, anyway? Let's start with that question. Are we merely shining a spotlight on this by discussing it?

If you password protect the robots.txt as long as it doesn't mess anything up and if you delete all messages of the free web hosts after the accounts are activated it should be ok. You can't delete them when they are accepted because they still have to see it was accepted and activate it but once they are hosted it should all be ok. They can contact an admin if they need more info.

Yes simple, you mods can delete request after user who posted the request answer that he saw it was acepted/denied.But that needs little changing of your free hosting request... I dont know and its not my duty, admins and moderators should view what will they do :P

why the hosting request are not invisiable so the admin will know which ones have been accepted or denied in which the topics are closed, but interesting comes to mind that create a sub forum for those that have been accepted and denied and then put them invisable after they have been looked at.