xisto Community
prashant

Productive Tips & Tools Increase your productivity

At office, everyone is doing the same job so everyone is equal.So to get your an edge over the other to need to do more work than other that too in the same time span.sounds like a tough to me.But Productivity tools and tips is what you will get that toughness.1. Countinuously update yourself. That will bring you more involvement in the discussion with the superiors.2. Learn new things in each and every field and expand your scope. This would help you in building relationship with others, not only superiors but also colleagues and not to mention the people whom you met in some party.3. Increase your typing speed and accuracy. Even if one of these two major components you miss out, you will be at the same level, not to mention a funny thing for others.4. Remember the shortcuts in the regular tools / softwares.5. Experiment in free time with new software and techniques. (you need to invest some after working hours into that)6. Always plan ahead. This will keep you a little well prepared for the next coming thing.7. DO NOT KEEP ANYTHING PENDING as far as possible. Keep your reports ready but do not give it to your boss so early. A little early will make a good impression. But A LOT early will make you taken your granted.8. Involve yourself in each and everything which is going around in your team. This will give you an outline of the environment what you have to deal with.9. Learn from the mistakes of others. This is complementary with the previous one. Dont do this, you will be just another mistake.These are the golden rules I am implementing at work.I would like to thank the following thing / software which have contributed to kickstart of career.1. GreenBrowser.2. Fantastic Internet connection at work.3. My Flashdrive.4. My Motorbike.5. WordWeb.6. Window's TWEAKs.7. Core Java.8. 4t-min.9. Textpad.10. MY BRAIN.Also one more thing CONTROL YOUR TEMPER. You lose your temper, you loose important time of your career. You learn to bear You become more Professional and learn the important lessons through your worst experience.These are the few rules I learned from my bitter experiences.Do correct me anywhere you think I am wrong or need to amend any of these rules / lessons.

They all sound great to me. Thanks for the tips. You are right, shortcut's make it so you have more time and aren't so stressed. May I add afew of my own? It is very important to keep your cool and you MUST be flexible as well. If your not, it proves to your boss that if something goes wrong, you are going to handle it badly and with a temper too. It makes you MUCH less important than the person who does keep their cool. It will be beneficial to keep your cool also because it earns you a reputation as a realiable person to consult when something needs to be done in a hurry or under stress. Think promotion here :PAlso, remember that work ethic and always kep a good mental attitude. Be cheerful and look on the bright side. Thanks for the topic, it's a good one.