xisto Community
ongnoai

Is Ssi Available ? Server Side Include

Aw right, I haven't been making an extensive search about that on the other topics or on the site's management tools :P , and I might be the umpteenth guy to ask.Is there a possibility to get SSI (Server Side Include) on a Xisto user domain, be it upon request? It is not NOT absolutely required for me, but it could come in handy, if it were available :P .Thanks in advance.

i know you have to request tomcat but i do believe SSI is included (SSL), but did not see anything in the features list at all. go ahead and request just incase or if someone has a abetter answer then I.

I am more familiar with the old fashioned method of "hand-coding" html but have recently started to investigate the use of php includes and such other techniques which I think will make maintenance of a site easier.
This posting suggests that Server Side Includes are best handled using php includes on the Xisto servers.

Pawitp has a point. The error pages do use SSI. Also .htaccess, the file that deals with them, is an SSI Script (well, so far as I know, but most techies seem to think that nowadays...), so I don't see why SSI isn't allowed.