xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Eikon

My Site Is Not Changing Cpanel Error?

Hey, I just got my account approved today so i went through the following steps.
Logged onto my site (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/)
Logged in with my password
Changed the password
Then i went to File Manager and the only thing i changed was the index.html

Now when i go to the site, it didnt change, but when I go to "View Contents" in the filemanager it works fine.

I also read somewhere that it may be because my code wasnt correct, so I changed the index.html to simply say

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Website</TITLE></HEAD><BODY>Test</BODY></HTML>
Is there something that ive been missing?

You are most likely reading the cache file. Empty your cache and try again.If that doesn't work, close your browser, empty the cache and then re-start the browser.

Sorry... I should've mensioned that i have already tried that (and on two different computers)I havn't restarted my browser but i have cleared the cache multiple times and tried on a different computer after i made the change

I'll bet your server (ISP) has that page cached. This should correct itself. Try adding the www infront of the address to force the server to redownload the page. This shouldn't be a problem for long if it is the case.

After a few PM's it was discovered that the new index.html file had been placed in the root directory rather than the public_html folder of the root. Just a reminder that all the files or folder you want to have displayed off the web should be placed in either the www or the public_html folder. This should close this topic. Thanks for all the input from everyone. Topic closed.