xisto Community
scab_dog

Do You Know Html? Just Wondering, most of you would know.

Do you knwo HTML?  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes, I am very familiar with HTML. When I first got into the whole web-design thing, I remember that I learned from a book about HTML. I used to design web pages the old school way, using notepad. Nowadays, I use programs such as Dreamweaver or Frontpage, but every so often there are things that need change or tweaking that require you to go and inspect the code and change it manually. I think that knowing HTML is a valueble tool for anybody that is interested in creating a website.

Hm, lets see. I hope someone who owns an active website knows HTML, or atleast has someone do it for them...I know HTML, *SOME* PHP, I can't write it, but I know how to alter it. I know a few javascript commands. And that's about it. I make all my websites in Photoshop, the template, and then transfer it over to dreamweaver for the coding part.

Yes, I do. Not crazily well but quite well :lol: I'm quite proud that I tought myself but it's not that amazing compared to other people who can do php and mysql and whatnot. But I just wish I knew valid HTML or XHTML or whatever.

No one really needs to even know HTML anymore. With Dreamweaver, Frontpage, and the host of other "website creation" tools out there, there's no real need for a new comer to learn it.. I suppose once they see bugs or try to get a more customized look or feel they'll learn it.Myself, I know (x)HTML, Javascript, PHP, CSS, and some C++. All of which was learned simply due to boredom :lol:.

Well I was just wondering, i know this polol might sound stupid, as this is a hosting site forum and the chances are you do know HTML, but the other day i met 2 people who didt have a clue what HTML was, and was just at the forum because they found this forum active. And also do you know any other programming languages, just wondering. I myself know HTML, C++ kinda, and learing PHP. Talking about Languages I know Tamil, English, Lote :lol:.

I also know css, dhtml, some javascript and speak a little italian.. My oldest says I can yell with a look, does that count? lol

I know HTML, CSS, some Javascript, and some PHP (more than javascript) and I guess C++ since it's so closely related to PHP, coding-wise. I know English(obviously) and French, both fluently.

Edited by Borghunter (see edit history)

Yeah, I know HTML pretty well, I know css; just started to get good at it. And I'm starting to learn PHP and that's pretty much all I know. After I'm done learning PHP, I'll probably try Javascript, but it looks really hard; the only Java on my website is from other websites.

I taught myself HTML code from looking at pages sources to be honest. It's ridiculously easy. Honestly, you should give it a try. Tables are easy to learn, too, despite from what I've been hearing people say. :lol:

Yeah, that's how I taught myself HTML, by looking at other people's sources. It is seriously easy, even though it's not so much of a good thing, since people don't like people 'stealing' their codes. But I don't do that anymore anyways. :P
So what's C++?? I never heard of anything called that, and I've been working on a website for awhile now...

I learnt HTML but got bored of it really fast so I tried PHP. PHP was much more enjoyable and it rekindled my internet programming passion.HTML's good but no compare with learning a server side language.I'm currently learning MySQL but it seems a lot harder