xisto Community
Zorkaplex

Can We Stop Storms? the posibility to stop storms

The earth won't be another day after tomorrow scene, unless something (such as an asteroid or large nuclear warhead) blocks the sun's rays. Otherwise, there will always be something to warm the Earth; the earth and the air isn't absorbing heat any less now than it has in the past, so there would be nothing to cool the earth to the degree shown in that (stupid) movie.

Notice from mayank:
Edited as reported.
Edited by mayank (see edit history)

In the 1960s and 1970s many scientists explored technologies to zap strength from hurricanes but thier efforts we drowned because of the cost.  With the tragedy of hurricane Katrina more mony has been put into the reaserch to battle weather/storms. It works like this:

Make a "oil slick" for the hurricane on the water in its path. This will stop water from evaporating so the storm will weaken. This is hard to complete for the water will be blown at like 100 or so knots! The slick would most likely dissipate under such conditions.

A different solution would be to have cargo planes drop water absorbant powder to soak up the water.

I am going to look into this topic to see what i can find.

If you have any questions post em.

210267[/snapback]

i font think that theyrs any way that u can stop storms as they are a natural occurence