xisto Community
ribbons&pearls

They Never Listen my parents never listen

I hear you people, and trust me I've tried that. I've tried talking to my parents as a kid, whining and all. I've tried talking to them like an adult, I tried as hard as I could to be mature. I tried the traditional approach, being myself, didn't work. Sometimes I wish they would just shut up and hear me out.-Claire

Replying to BeccaMy parents just don't listen to more than two words at a time everAnd theres a difference between not listening and choosing to do something different, but if I try reasoning with my parents they just interupt me every 2 words then when I telll them they're not listening they just carry on yelling, ignoring me again. I might sometimes explain why I don't want to wear a coat, but they just never give any reason for anythig except one which I have already proved them wrong about 5 or 6 times-reply by danroush

my parents never listen

They Never Listen

My parents are sometimes nice to me but when I get in trouble I am grounded and when my sister get in trouble my parents say don't do that again and she is older than me! my sister will curse and I tell my parents. They say that don't believe me or they will say to my sister don't do that again. I try to talk to them about how I feel. How I get them to listen to me!?

-reply by samatha

My parents are NUTSS! I'm telling you I'm 13 years and they never listen to me THAT SUCKS let me tell you once my 7 year old sister recks my room putting my ds games on the bed my xbox on the floor,etc. Then my mom told me to clean the mess alone and I told her that my sister did it and she doesnt belive me and then I said well at least let her help me and then my mom goes to my dad and(since she is a liar )that I wanted my sister to clean my entire room then my dad yells at me saying dat I'm always fighting with my mom and that I should obey them (and I do obey them)and that if I don't like it dat I should leave the house and my dad is so bi-polar and my mom is a dirty little liarAlso they ignore everything I say and always listen to me sister and my mom always speak to me aggresively and to other people sweet and kind oh and when I do something wrong she goes and tells "oh your doing it wrong"and she acts like she is perfect every time last night my mom told me to pick up my jacket from the floor when I get off bed she told me agressively RIGHT NOW and then I told nicely "mom take it easy" and guess what...SHE HITS MY FACE! for just say take it easy and she also tells me lot of thing like f you or m f and you know the rest.MY DAD is different he grounds me and then for a while he is like a kiss up to me and that just annoy me seriouslyThe only person that I can trust is my spanish teacher.She always tell me to let it out and I do thatALL I WANNA DO IS TIE THEM IN THEIR BED WHEN THEYRE ASLEEP AND LET THEM THERE!Anyone who wants to give me an advice reply me-reply by chris

I know how you feel. my parent either dont listen to me or if they do they dont take into account what i sey. they think there always right even when theyer wrong. iv tried all the methods of trying to get them to listen- shouting, arguing, talking like an adult, cool it, take a chill pill, inviting them into my room and nothing works.im 22 and have been doing chores since age 16. if i dont do them i get shouted at or a clip round the ear. my younger brother is 17 and if he doesnt do them my parents dont care. he never gets punished. my parents nearly always treat me like a kid or try to over protect me. yes i had epilepsy when i was akid. but that was 7 years ago. im fed up with the way they treat me sometimes. they say dont shout i just have a loud voice and they say dont shout back to me. if im realy peeved i say im not shouting but if they like ill give them a demonstration of what shouting is. this just gets me a clip round the ear but im so frustrated i dont care. theis week iv had to do both mine and my younger brothers chores because he has failed to do them. them my dad askes me to do stuff and i say iv dont 2 lots of chores this week could you ask him (brothers) to do it. later on i get a mouth full for not doing the thing. i was residing on my mums side when my mum and dad were arguing the other day, so i told my dad mum was speaking the truth and guess what- my mum shouted at me. i said im on your side mum and she just swore at me. i try to wear something and my dad if he hasnt bought it says its disgusting but when i go clothes shopping with him he pickes out all the clothes i dont like.he said to me the other day that my clothes all looked old and horrible. i said i cant wear bran new clothes all the time. and he say"if you meed clothes ill buy them" but when i ask for money he just says no you(I) dont need it. my younger brother gets almost anything he wants any time he wants. my parents tell me to tidy my room but their room is a trash.my dad is deaf in 1 ear and doesnt always hear what i say and we tell him to get a hearing air- he wont listen. all this is driving me nust sometimes. i have few friends and sometimes i feel like my life would just end. you just have to embrace the good things when they come.i just hug my cat when im crying. or stay in my bedroom. wish i knew of a good way of making my parents listen to me and take in waht i say enstad of dismissing it. anyone got any tips?

My mother never listens. I swear to God. She very good at lying n I hate that. Not only me that notice that but my whole family knows that. I don’t like it so when I tell her she is lying she would say to me ‘shut up’ and sometime especially when she is in front of a group of people she would smack me in the face .i think she hates me because i'm the only one she hits. She the only one I can speak to but she always ignoring me. My mother can talk for a whole day but once I speak she would make a face to me or walk away as if i was talikng non sense to her. Sometime I prefer to stay quite. I usually stay Sad… my life sucks

You can certainly let your parents speak or even yell ( as it sometimes sounds to be), all they want, after they calm down, try talking to them and convince them that you are there to listen to them.Then just observe the magic! they start talking, listening and eventually discussing things with you. Trust me that works....... :D