xisto Community
LocalSeer

Trouble Hosting Programs Over Internet Need help, tried everything

Approximately every half an hour anyone connected to me is disconnected. There is no trouble establishing the connection and it runs smoothly till sudden disconnection. There is no problem with someone connecting through the local are network. I believe it is something with my router, but I can't find anything. I use a DI-604 Ethernet Broadband Router, my computer has McAfee security center and I also have windows XP home edition firewall on. I've tried turning off both McAfee and windows firewall, along with using DMW which supposibly opens all ports in my router for my computer. Since others can see my computer, it means the proper port is open. I also have no problem connecting when others host and it is not the programs fault as it happens with anything that I host. I'm completly lost to what to do and need some help please.

I know its not a solution but if the people that are connecting you use a download manager then they might be able to resume downloading? Something like that? I'm sure you've thought of setting the pc as an FTP server so they can connect to it. Just a thought.

HiI would definitely say,it is something with configuration on your router.Check to make sure,all of the neccesary ports are open,and forwarded to your machine.Also,if there is a DHCP server running,check what's the lease time for your IP.Maybe server is changing your IP,and then people get disconnected.Possibly something else in the configuration.Check with your administrator,or if you are administering your router,check the configuration thoroughly.Cheers