xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
zach101

Is This Wise? an idea to perhaps make a few

Hey guys after reading some articles online today about the launch of the 360 i got to thinking. You see all across america they flew off the shelves tuesday morning, I heard of one guy even paying a guy to have his spot in line for 800!! that dosnt even count the $400 he had to pay for the 360 itself so if people are willing to pay all this money just to have it on launch day. Do you think its wise to reserve a few ps3's and then put them up on ebay that day? I heard one 360 sold wensday afternoon for 1600 on ebay!! I honestly dont see where i could go wrong with this unless of course the obvious... people did not want them or stores did not sell out. Any way your comments please. oh and are u planing on geting a ps3?

I would do it. Why not? You can't lose because there is no risk at all. Goto best buy or some other store and buy the XBOX. If you can't sell it, they return it for a full refund. You don't lose anything but maybe your time. On ebay, the xbox 360's ALL going for more than retail. I tried to do it but couldn't get my hands on one.

Yeah do it I'm sure there are a load of people out their willing to pay rediculously over the retail price to get a PS3 on launch day, only problem with buying them off ebay is that you have to wait for them to be delivered so technically you wont have one on launch day (thats aimed at the people buying them not you). and if they don't sell you can always take them back.

Well I would be the seller that's all I know. If I could have won an xbox 360 ont he contest put out by Pepsi you would recieve it the week before. I would have put it up on Ebay when I recieve it and have it go for 24 hours to anyone who would like to recieve it before it comes out. I would be rich lol. Ok not really but I would be rich in my standards.

Ya i deffinetly think it sounds proffitable and if i just buy one and I cant sell it i lose nothing because i have a new ps3 :) only question i have is. SHould i start the bidding way over the normal price?

I would say start the bidding at what you paid for it, it will be popular enough that it should go through the roof in the same way that the xboxs did (xbox and playstation have roughly half the market each)

yea man... seems like a great idea... EASY way to make money...but i still dont get y people would pay so much for the 360... its not THAT great... its not NEXT gen... we had the same graphics two years ago with PCs... now the PS3 will be next gen... *drools*... yea... this may be off topic but oh well... deal... lol

I dont see how it could go wrong the only thing im wondering is that it will realease in the spring do you really think there will be that big of a demand for it even in the spring? Because with the 360 its hard to tell how much is launch hype/related sales and how much is holiday.

i would do it, infact im going to do it aswell (pre-order the ps3).i am also going to sell xbox 360's for a 200$ profit markup, since i know someone who works at a location and can get me one on the next shipment WITH 10% OFF LMAO, anyways yeah i want to get a 360 for myself, but by buying this one from a friend and selling it for perhaps 200$ more, that will help with the cost of the system for myself:P I know it has allreayd launched, but honestlly, their going to be sold out past christmas, major stores allready have backlogged and over-pre ordered what M$ can produce, leaving even people who pre-ordered only hopes of getting it after christmas...

For me, I will buy XBOX 360 over PS3, but it's not this year. This year the price is still high, and only DOA4 caught my attention mostly. On the other hand, buying when the price is lower next year maybe wiser. Microsoft maybe will cut the price when his challanger arise, PS3. If that is true, then I'll buy at that time. It's not really a long time to wait after all, yet I still have PS2 to play. Sony promises they will still support PS2 even after PS3 launched. I do hope so.

well if you could just go out and buy a 360 just to do this, than they wouldnt be doing that on Ebay. It is being done because it is hard to get ur hands on a 360 before christmas. What you should of done was preorderand buy over a dozen xbox 360s and sold them all on Ebay making a giant profit. It is kinda too late to do that now, so remember next time a next gen console is coming out before the holidays do this if you want a ton of money and you got enough to get alot of that gaming system. This is sort of like a "buying houses fixing them up and selling them for a profit and get rich quick" kinda deal except you wont get rich unless you buy hundreds of systems.