xisto Community
joeymuch

Beware Of Fake Fbi Email

Personally, I wouldn't believe that email if I recieved but, but hey. I guess the entire public has to be considered, since some people might see the letters "FBI", freak out, and yeah.

Yep, it really is a shame how people have to abuse and impersonate other people just because they want to wind someone up, spread an infected file or purely because they're jealous of someone. I've received and know other people who have received a number of similar e-mails like these. Another popular address to send from is @microsoft.com. People tend to use this domain as they believe their mail will be received and viewed.Best thing to do, is to not read any email that doesn't look trusting. After all, e-mail is not the only way to communicate with one another. It is also possible to communicate via the post or by telephone even.This is my opinion on these folks who like to cause trouble and inconvenience other users.

god damn lol...whats next out own parents giving us viruses...this is fing sad...first of all people have way to much free time to make a virus and 2nd what is the pourpose...i might as well go get a mac and install linux onto this machine so im not prone to these so called viruses...the way i combat them is reload windows if i get one...but thats me

Idon't understand how people can fall for these hoax emails! No affence but someone has to be either pretty thick.. or sheltered not to know about these kinds of things!!Same goes to the MSN viruss you can get by clicking a link and the WIN $1000 pop ups!!I saw this news thing on TV about a man from Africa or something telling you he wants to put his money in your bank or something.. And LOADS of people fell for it..and before I saw this news report... I actually got that email..I replied saying "Que?" for some unknown and random reason in where that person replied "What is this? I do not understand the word "que" please explain." and I was like pft. And couldn\t be bothered to reply.

The FBI... - -;Why the hell would anyone fall for something like that?Seriously if the FBI DID want you they'd get a couple a tanks maybe some guns and a helicopiter..can't deny there'd be some road blocks and unnecessary fist fighting all around o_O. :blink:

goofy: The FBI... - -;Why the hell would anyone fall for something like that?

Seriously if the FBI DID want you they'd get a couple a tanks maybe some guns and a helicopiter..can't deny there'd be some road blocks and unnecessary fist fighting all around o_O. 

LOL my friend said the same thing at another forum.

But their are people out their that just read their e-mails so they wouldnt know

The FBI wouldn't email people, anyway. They'd use other more effective motives of communication where it could be verified. Or at least I guessed this from watching the X-files. 8)

It's kind of dumb that people would actually believe that the FBI would E-mail you instead of actually calling or visiting your house. Anybody with a brain should know that the FBI isn't stupid enough to send a e-mail containing questions that you have to answer that contain personal information.