xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gameratheart

Fantastico Is Not Installing Forums Properly I cannot install SMF or PHPbb2

Hey guys,

I am not entirely sure if you can help me here, seeing as how the forum software is not your own, but I have a problem with my site. Fantastico will not properly install any of the forum software.

To clarify: I have used Fantastico to install SMF and PHPbb2 on my site, but neither have worked properly. After installing SMF, when I visited the site, I got this message:

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/dpteam/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs.php on line 232

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/dpteam/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs.php on line 232

Notice: Undefined index: is_admin in /home/dpteam/public_html/forums/Sources/Security.php on line 556

Notice: Undefined index: permissions in /home/dpteam/public_html/forums/Sources/Security.php on line 563

Warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/dpteam/public_html/forums/Sources/Security.php on line 563

session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/dpteam/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs.php:232)

I have tried this three times and all three times it has given the same message. I then tried phpBB, and it worked fine for a while but after logging off and leaving the forums, I came back to them and got this message:

phpBB(): Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

What's wrong? Why aren't my forums working? Please help, this is majorly frustrating me.

Update: phpMyChat is not working either, as soon as I go onto the site I get the following message:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'dpteam_pchat1@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/dpteam/public_html/chat/chat/lib/database/mysql.lib.php3 on line 26Database error: Link_ID == false, connect failed
MySQL error: 0 ()
Session halted.

Now I REALLY need support, someone reply soon.

Update 2: phpMyChat is working after all. It seems the script will not properly install if an admin account is defined in the installation. Leaving these fields blank made it work.SMF definately does not work however. I have tried Phpbb again and this time it appears to work perfectly, but I will try to find out for certain.

I also have problem connecting into my Forums after I set it up through my cPanel. And because of all the trouble I ended up moving over to a Free Forum and just linking it to my website.I remember a few months ago my cPanel had access to install a IPB Forum and now it isnt there anymore, it just appears to be a phpBB. So I dont know :|

Update 3: Phpbb does work perfectly. For some reason it seems to crash if you leave the site after admin'ing it for the first time, if you do not add any forums/topics/posts. SMF is not working at all - I have done some more research and have found that the reason for this is that Fantastico does not setup your admin account correctly. As this is the account that controls the board, this causes the board to crash. You will need to put SMF on another way (anyone else know a way???)The PhpChat only works if you do not define an admin account when you add it. In this case, your account name and pass will become admin.There doesn't appear to be anywhere you can admin it though, so this is rather pointless.

I thought I was the only one habing problem installing something from Fantastico. My mySQL file were gone after the server shift (phpBB and chatroom were gone), and I thought everything is back to normal already, so I started to install everyting back. The Wordpress was not installing properly, I thought it has something to do with some files that I deleted.

Yes, it seems that the chatroom and forum mods aren't working properly. I have managed to install SMF through an installation file onto my site, so I am no longer affected, but there is something wrong with Fantastico regardless.

my host is Xisto. .and they have fantastico.. At first.. when i tried to install the phpbb forum.. i also have the same problem.. "cannot connecto database"SO i tried to intall simple machine forum.. which worked.. but the SQL database keep on crashing every now and then. I still have the same problem. The problem still remain even after i upgrade my Simple Machine Forum from 1.03 to 1.1 RC1. So right now.. i'm thinking of installing the forum manully with the files i downloaded from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ i couldn't get my karma to work on the forum..

Well, it's enabled now that we got the new IPB version. Fantastico is still mucking up installations, it seems, but phpBB works fine, SMF can be installed by going to their site, and everything else except PhpChat works perfectly.

if you always have trouble installing on the fantasico why not use the install package downloading from the official site of smf and phpbb2?if you know english and post here just read the readme doc,that's so easy installed just like on the fantasico.haha.i never installed something important on fantasico,it's been a long time i 'm not entering this part of cpanel.guangdian