xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
franklinweb

Stay Active? just for hosting.....

Hmmm I signed me up two days ago and I can see the most people sign themself up the get the 10 or 30 credits. Then they're disappeared from the forum a bit strange I think B) . What kind of penalties do you give when somebody isnt active on this forum? I like to post (even when with my bad-english B) B) ). I think you have to punish or give him/her a warning to stay active B) .

You have to stay active if you want to keep your hosting package. For each credit you get one day of hosting, meaning your credits go down by 1 per day. I imagine that the people you are talking about disappearing probably chose to move to paid hosting to avoid having to post to keep their website up.

Hi franklinweb, Welcome to the community. I'm almost one year old here. And am active according to my need (credits) for my site to stay alive. Well, as you can see the rules and regulations and also the terms of service, you will find that if you want your account to be alive - you must stay active in the forum. But staying active in the forum doesn't mean a member visits the forum everyday and make almost no post (let's say he makes post which makes little sense or just one two lines).. Stay active means that you Credit must actually be there for your account to be alive. Meaning if you make a good, meaningful and constructive posts, you will get those credits which allows your account to be alive. This is how it goes here. So, don't worry those who signed up and gained 10 - 30 credits and left the forum. Their account is being suspended when they are running out of the credits. The account, I mean is their web hosting account. Meaning their site is no more up on the internet.However, there are members who comes to make post from time to time to let their credits up for their accounts to be alive and they are still considered ACTIVE according to the rules. I hope this helps.

Yes, that is correct. Some people do disappear, leaving an account that just sits there 'till its deleted.You do have to post, usually a couple credits every day or so. I post about two-three credits every day. This increases my credits to a very healthy amount in case I can't post. I suggest about thirty credits at least so if an emergency comes up, you have plenty of days.Posting should be high quality posts, then you get more credits and show you are reputable in making good posts. One liners don't count, and a GOOD post, should be 250 letters and spaces. Happy posting! B)

At the end of the day its up too them, if they want good hosting then they have to pay, and the price is not a lot, well it doesnt actually cost real money just time. There already is a punishment and a good one I think, you dont post, you lose your hosting B) fair enough I think.

I think you will stay active if you want the hosting! If the hosting means nothing to you, you will sign up and then leave. I want hosting, so I will stick around for a while (I hope) after I get my hosting.I have noticed that replies on this forum are much more thorough than on many forums, probably due to people trying to get posts. The only thing I have trouble doing, is reading what threads have new posts. I don't know what the 2 or 3 letter codes mean, or I forget! I don't understand why we don't have images.

Well this is a awsome hosting place out there. I don't see what alot of people don't stay active or just join XD. Great people, Great Deals, hmm well Great everything XD. Also theres always help if you need it and everyone is willing to help if you just ask. Its not that complicated when you really look at it lol.