xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
vistal

Error Using "move_uploaded_file()" Permission denied to perform this action

I, on my website, have employed a page to upload files on my website.But I'm having problems using it. When the file is uploaded to the 'temp' directory of my account, and when I use the function 'move_uploaded_file()' to move this file into the actual directory, it returns the errormove_uploaded_file(ABD.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission deniedmove_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpF5SqzC' to 'ABD.jpg'please help me what should now I do with this..I also tried changing the mode of the 'temp' directory to 755, but it still didn't work. This problem really needs to be fixed. Please sort out this problem or give me an alternative to this function 'move_uploaded_file()'An additional information regarding this issue is that the same file works with no error (using the same function as mentioned above) on another php supported server. So in my opinion (if i am right) there is a need to set the php configuration file on your Xisto.com server to allow this function to be used.

I would try changing the permissions on all the directories in which the file movement involves, the directory where it is being moved from and to, to 0777 permissions.

cmatcmextra has stated the problem correctly, "Permission denied" means that your script doen't, and can't have access to your files. Simply go to your cPanel file manager, and change the permissions on both folders to 777.whyme

Thanx!Now the problem is corrected & files are working correctly.But I still can't understand why the same script with same coding was working on another server without any warning/error.Anyways, thanks to both of you.

But I still can't understand why the same script with same coding was working on another server without any warning/error.

Maybe it's the way php had been set-up or something.

Problem answered = topic locked. Any new questions, please start a new topic.

THANKSError Using "move_uploaded_file()"

thank you, I have been digging through the 'help' sites for an answer. After all the arrogant answers on other sites that didn't address the problem, I appreciate you heard what people were asking and had an answer. Thanks.