xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dooga

When In Doubt, Cut Your Computer Into Pieces Interesting forum topic...

I was on a trip on the internet again, and I found a very interesting forum...

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/dreamweaver-mx-8-a-68275/

The members on the forum are a bit mean to the person asking the question... I'm not going to ruin it for you, so see for yourself.

Oh and btw, if you read the whole topic, you'll the original topic starter posted an imageshack link of his graphics card "problem"... and now the link has so much bandwidth that imageshack specifically deleted that picture leaving a note saying that too much bandwidth was used up! First removed picture on imageshack I've ever seen in my life...

It goes to show, that the fastest way to get famous is to get laughed off the internet... (no personal offense to anyone of course)

Note: If you are offended by this post, for any reason, please contact me, and i will remove the post and any links to the site immediately.

That approaches the absurd.

Certainly the ridiculous.

Not that he cut the card (well, yes, that , too), but the way the other Forum members flamed him. Let's face the facts that mistakes are made. He went to the forum for help, not ridicule. Hope that doesn't happen around here.

Edited by jlhaslip (see edit history)

L-O-L (yes, with the hyphens ... I usually don't put them in except when something's gotta be stressed B))

reminds me of a thread on a german board with a guy who set up a gigabit network at home and wonders why there's such a heavy packet loss in the connection ("there are some doors and bends on the way, maybe the data packets lose grip on the cable?") -> http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Oh my! Well, I wasn't offended. In fact, I admit that I laughed. Doesn't that thread sort of remind you of all the tech support jokes we've all heard?But, yes, I agree that the tech group on that forum should have been more helpful to the poor soul, but they were porbably all in shock.

I don't know what to say. I have also seen pictures hosted on Imageshack get removed. I am a member at a forum with over 70K members. 3K members might look at a thread daily, and sometimes images in those threads will use up too much bandwidth after a few days.

I would like to see the image first. Maybe it was photochopped like some other guy in the forum said. I wouldnt believe someone would do this, unless he is rich of course. No person that works hard for this type of hardware would dare to try and cut it just because a friend said so, atleast not by himself, or at least thats what I think...

Poor guy! I would have googled it first before installing something alien to me! The only time I had "cut" something in my PC was when I installed a CDwriter and stacked it under an existing CDr. I asked my brother to do it for me of course. I'm always careful with hardwares so I always ask him to install them for me.The forum members are brutal! I'm glad people are not as brutal here in Xisto! If that happens I'd be more careful in my posts incase people find my posts stupid. B)

I feel so sorry for that guy. cutting a $600 PCIe card to fit in a PCI slot. these things need top be more visable to the lower end user. Or things like this will happen. I dont feel sorry for the guys friend, that guy is just plain stupid!

People saying they're glad that people here aren't as mean as the people on that forum... I'm glad we don't have people as intelligent as the original poster here; might seem harsh, but this definetly rivals the one where someone rang tech support because the power to the building went off and they couldn't figure out why the computer wasn't working"You'll never make anything foolproof because fools are just so ingenious"

There's nothing like a moron to brighten up one's day.

People who don't know what they're doing should either ask for professional help, research the steps, or even better, "RTFM."

On the other hand, some of the people who replied don't exactly sound like the sharpest tools in the shed, either. For example:

ROFLMAO ROFLAMO!!!! Omg if you say is true your so dumb and so is your friend no offense lol.

It's ironic that a person who has a worse grasp of grammar than a third grader would be commenting about a stupid mistake someone made ("you're so dumb and so is your friend... no offense"; do I smell contradiction?).