xisto Community
nathankang0

Starting Your Own Clan

i am the owner of a squad. so far, all i can recommend is to get staticscripts if you want to start a clan site. they have no ads, so unlike snard, they load faster .there is no final release yet. check out forum.staticscripts.com for more info. also, the trial version (not really trial, just alpha) is located at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. and the demo link is beta.staticscripts.com.

My clan failed. I quit it after a week. I didnt recruit people, and I wasnt that good at the time. Funny, not too long ago another clan of the exact same name and abbrevieation was formed. But now Im starting a new clan, and its gonna rawk! Now im really good, and Im ranked in the top 15 for SnD so Ive got tat going for me.

Replying to nathankang0I run a large Runescape clan (4th largest) and we just reached over 1000 members... Although only 600 or so logged in within the last 2 months... And even I still find it awfull when a single member quits :(My advice is: Buy decent web hosting ASAP and ESPECIALLY a domain name! .Co.Uk domain names are selling for a little less than �5 (~$10) for 2 years from 1and1.Co.Uk - get a domain fast before it is taken!-reply by Lenny

vBulletin isn't even that good. Ipb is ok, but who has the money to buy that just for a clan that could die anyway? I say go with something simple....SMF, AEF, not phpbb =/ (I don't really like phpbb at least) or mybb or something....Most clan sites use something like freewebs....ok if you remove the ads and junk....'The domain, I agree........(That's what I need.....280 credits!!!!!!!!>.<) but you can even get those free ones ..like .tk, .us.tt, etc....not as good but free...Also consider what your making a clan for....(I know many clans for the game 'sherwood dungeon' I play, but remember different games or areas vary.)

great...Starting Your Own Clan

I think I'll Start my own clan... Although I dnt wanna buy things...;p I'll try out some ways... The ways to do this thing for free or minimum expenses... Still thanks to all. By the way can you guyzz just summarize and tell me the things required for a clan (Things like websites etc. Not recruits). Thanks... And one last thing... Can there be any Hamachi Clans.. Just Wondering! Reply ASAP! am waiting...!

-reply by Nitral

try TribeHavenStarting Your Own Clan

Hello all,

Starting a clan isn't rocket science, but holding it together and growing into a successful gaming team takes a lot of work and dedication. Try this:

http://www.tribehaven.com/

There are tools and articles here for the new clan and the more experienced.

-reply by Hedge