xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
franklinweb

Php Vs Html

I think everyone's missing the point that the end result of PHP is that it actually outputs HTML to the web browser, the same with nearly all scripting languages designed for web delivery. So, in other words, you can't have PHP without HTML (well you could, but the user wouldn't see anything).

206735[/snapback]

In my opinion , no one is missing the point . PHP's purpose isn't to output data on a page , it's purpose is to execute basically anything server side eg. sql query's , you don't see these querys get executed but you can output the results but all im saying is that its true purpose is not to display on a page , that's html's job B)

In my opinion , no one is missing the point . PHP's purpose isn't to output data on a page , it's purpose is to execute basically anything server side eg. sql query's , you don't see these querys get executed but you can output the results but all im saying is that its true purpose is not to display on a page , that's html's job B)

206864[/snapback]

So you're disagreeing with me while at the same time reiterating my point.......riiiiiiiight. B)

hm.... PHP vs HTML? thats cant work. PHP is a preprocessor of HTML, without HTML PHP can't really work. PHP works with HTML.PHP vs ASP, PHP vs JPS yesPHP vs HTML... noYou can't make a login system with just HTMLYou can't connect to a MySQL database with just HTMLYou can't do hardly anything interactive or server side with just HTMLthere is no competition here as they dont do the same thing.

You really can't compare PHP with HTML. FIrst HTML is a markup language, meaning it tells browser on how to display data while PHP is not. PHP is a programming language much like C and VB the only diference is it is not a compiled langugae but just interpreted. The other thing is, PHP is pretty much useless without HTML, the data processed by PHP comes from HTML forms. PHP is used to make HTML more dynamic than the ussual use of Javascript. Its a server side process whili HTML is client side. B)