xisto Community
Saint_Michael

Gfxtrap.com Website Template

still working at it but this is the current look of what i have been doing for about 4 hours its all coming together hopefully i will have it completed tonight and start working on the code for it as well.

Posted Image

NOTE TEMPLATE HAS BEEN EDITED SINCE MY LAST POST.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

The arrows at the top, could be pointing inbetween the links above it. I'd remove the renders in the back for faster download. By the looks of it, that layout can download real fast, even for dial-up. The navigation, could be better placed under the banner, and not on the right side. The Xisto corporation FAQs, could be more of a footer thing. And GFXTrap lastest topics, could be above the Xisto Corp FAQs. Similar to here, in T17.

I agree, it looks somewhat monochomatic. Also, for dial-up users like myself the large images used in the background will take a long time to download and people won't wait for the download. Not everyone has an uber-fast internet connection you know. The header graphic looks too big and uses too much of the page when all it does is tell you the name of the site. The menu are also takes up too much space, remembering a lot of the menu topics will just 1 or 2 words, it will look very empty. Truefuion's comments about the arrows is also valid, if they are going to be there, they need to line up with the menu topics.Don't want to rain on your parade SM, but I think you need to re-think your approach here. Think about site download speed and use of the page area. What you have looks nice enough as a graphic but not very usable as a web site.

remember i haven't sliced it yet and going to be editing pretty much tonight and partly tomarrow to finish up any detail, but the coding will be the beauty of it and what not.

also this template is going to incorportate some forum mods in it as well

CURRENT UPDATE

Posted Image

did some of your suggestions and editing some spelling and what not but here is the current update of the template with color.

Posted Image

ehhh. I don't know about the whole color thing. I think it looked fine the way it was before. I like the tech in the banner, really nice job. The content boxes to me seem a little mixed in too much like they are one big one. I don't really know how to put it. Very nice job.