xisto Community
mruu

Can We Really Make Money Online?

DreamCore,Nov 22 2005, 12:22 PM]I think if you are lucky then you may earn some little money max 10 bucks. And then I think thats there is no way to earn more money than that. And one thing too, evry time I have tryed to earn some money then I have faild as you. So I dont think that it easy to earn money on Internet. It much much better to get an easy job and earn much easier money than on the Internet. So this is what I think after my experience. Get a real job, beacuse its much much harder to earn than on the Internet. well, in fact it isn't that hard to earn money on the internet. the hard part(actually the time consuming part) is the research you need to do in order to make money online. you CAN make money puting ads on a webpage, you SHOULD NOT do that until you establish credibility on your website. credibility has to do with YOUR character as an individual AND the content you provide on your website. the lower your credibility, the lower the credibility of the visitors you attract to your website.there are only 2 ways you can make money on the internet and they BOTH have to do with advertising. you can either sell your own products and/or services, OR you can sell someone elses. if you plan to sell your own, plan on doing a lot of research in a product and/or service that you are going to offer, and most importantly, how you plan to market and advertise that product and/or service.if you plan to sell someone elses product/service, it's easier to do, but in most cases, you limit yourself in how much money you can make since you only make a percentage of the full selling price.my advice on someone trying to make money on the internet is to promote someone elses product or service until you feel comfortable enough to find your own. to find a product and service to promote, my advice is to go to clickbank.com and view all the products they have to offer anyone who wishes to promote them. that have MANY, but i would only concentrate on only the top 5 in any catagory since those are the ones that are selling and if they are selling, it means that there is a greater demand from others to purchase those products/services.once you have something you want to promote, i suggest doing a little research in how to promote it. you can directly promote it in emails, or you can promote it through a website you create, or, you can promote the website the product/service is hosted on. there are many ways to promote the product/service, so you just need to figure out how YOU will be promoting it. again, do your research. it's not that hard to find the resources you need to advertise and market something for FREE, but it does take time to research.you want to set small goals in how much you make at first until you are more comfortable in what you are doing. you will only get more comfortable until you do your research and see results. start out only wanting to make your first $100. after that, set a goal of $500 in any 1 month. once you reach that goal, set a goal of $200 a week and keep changing your goal once you reach a goal. in order to achieve ANY goal, you need to put in effort in the things you need to do to reach the goal. don't give up, don't get frustrated or you will NEVER reach your goals. think of it as a hobby or a game. in order to win any game, you have to play it right. in order to play it right, you have to understand the rules. make sure you know the rules(RESEARCH)!also remember that the internet is always changing with new products/services and the demands for them continuously change. when you have something in high demand now where in a year or so you aren't making much money from it anymore, you need to find other products/services to promote. use your brain and common sense.it doesn't matter if you are 80 or 10 years old. anyone can make money on the internet. don't let ANYONE tell you any different. the thing is, some people aren't cut out for it just like some people aren't cut out to draw/paint or compete in playing baseball in the major leagues.my advice to anyone is to figure out the abilities you were born with and go with it and never give up. do the things in life that make you happy and that incorporates your NATURAL abilities you were born with. if you can do that, life wont seem so hard and you will be happier in the long run. sometimes life isn't about making money, but enjoying what it has to offer.-aaron

You can really earn money online. but don't just think of adding advertisements and pay-per- <- snipped -> to earn those cash. Think of something useful for everyone. Most people are annoyed but worthless advertisements and pp-up ads. Why not create an Stock Photo website, where you would post low-resolution photographs (good photographs in that case), Then people would pay you cash if they would like to get a high resoution version of the said photo. Or sell just about anything, especially those things around your house that you don't need anymore. try selling them on your local Ebay or post it on your website or weblog. It is like disposing trash while earning money.}}

make a quality website...or else..adult themed sites make lots of $$$ through referrals..but that's not allowed by most hosts.also, if you have a nice site with lots of visitors, make your downloads onto megaupload.com and get a dollar for every 1000 downloads (you need 50,000 downloads in your first 3 months to even qualify though...)

Can we really make money online? by reading mails, <- snipped ->

I don't think we can. I tried some times, but all failed...

What's your experience?

206076[/snapback]

Good site for making fairly easy money:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Uk site, but I think it's open to US residents.

Can generate something like over $300 a week.}}

Yes, you can make real money on the Internet! And why not??? The Internet is a rapidly expanding job giver! To earn money on the Internet, you have to link the "real world" and the "virtual world", to be more specific, you must realize that if nobody is ready to give you a free iPod in your neighborhood gift shop just like that, then that is certainly not going to happen on the Internet! "You are a winner!", "Claim your cash prize here!" and "You just won a free trip!" - those are the sentences that must be ignored. You can search for "Free stuff" in Google, and it will bring you a heap of results, but NONE OF THEM will ever give you anything (I know, I used to browse through those awful sites when I got my first computer)!So, open your eyes! Forget spam, link clicking, getting others to register VIA your referral links, spyware etc.Here are my three main suggestions:- Make your own website and use Google AdSense- Get a REAL job online! Try RentACoder.com, I have earned 230$ during the summer (2-3 weeks of work), and 180$ recently (1 week of work), so it's not a joke! But be aware, you must behave as professionally as you can! Those are real people out there, looking for real people to hire! Things can get tough, and you have to be ready to WORK, no matter what. Of course, you have to be either a good programmer/designer/writer to get a job there, if you are not, skip this option.- Become a seller on eBay

Can we really make money online? by reading mails, <- snipped ->

I don't think we can. I tried some times, but all failed...

What's your experience?

206076[/snapback]

Hey. Well, I guess the question of getting money out the Net is almost as old as the Web itself. Come to think of it, chain letters and sloppy mlm type-things are even older than that. It all comes down to getting a number of people, most of them unwilling to follow your faked enthusiasm, to put their money in the oh-so-wonderful scheme somebody else has brewed for the next sucker at hand. My experience is you'll never get money worth the work you put in it, so long there's a guy sitting above you in a pyramid-like frameup. B)

Now, I kinda like snlildude87's idea of having the Net resources help you to progressively pick up momentum, but that applies (in my view, that is) only to those having their own private goods and ideas to sell, as well as their own proprietary channels to do so. There ain't nothin' like being one's own man, in short. Takes time to build up, but it can be rewarding. I met a guy this type, couple of times. He was doing well, last time we talked. Took him three years gritting his teeth every day, but he made it eventually.

How about putting that in a WYGIWYS (What You Get Is What You Sweat) form to make the long story shorter? B)

Take care, all}}

I'm almost sure that we don't REALLY make money online. I mean, to make money we have to have a credit card/billing address and websites charge with fees almost everything.. So I think that actually we buy the abillity to make money online and the money which is made is actually.. Our money? I'm not sure, help me here.

I\'m so jealous of the people who can actually make so much money off ads, and have so many visitors. I\'m REALLY lucky that I get 100 visitors a day on my deserted unwanted boring ugly site updated 2 months ago. (And even more funny: I used to have a Zelda site, and people STILL come to my site, but they complain about my site not existing anymore). Maybe if I actually inserted content, I\'ll get more visitors?

Well, it's not a maybe - it's a MUST!

4-5 billion sites are out there (and are indexed on Google, who knows how many more exist?), and you need to fight to get the attention of the crowd! Every visitor counts, and every one of them will recommend your site to another visitor if he likes it that much! You already have a small crowd, go out and expand it!

@Everybody:

Yes, you can make money on the internet - this is my first RAC (RentACoder.com) check that I have received:

Posted Image

nooo!!... when I searched \"dooga\" in Google, my site USED TO come up as 3rd or 4th result, but now it\'s on the 5th PAGE! :P:P

I see many of the so-called make money online sites with a skeptical eye, like most people. Like the old saying goes, if it sounds (or looks) too good to be true then it probably is. Having said that, it seems Google Adsense is a service I can trust. It's not a get-rich-quick scheme, as many posters here have mentioned how they were successful making a little extra money with their website. A couple of friends of mine has started to do so, and it may be a matter of time before I start doing the same.

The only real way to make money online is to have lots of traffic going to your website. It doesn't matter if you have ads or you are selling a product, if you don't have visitors, you won't make money. Those people who make thousands on ads from a website have millions of visitors a month. This is the only way to make substantial amounts of money on line. Most people (myself included), have a small website with relatively low traffic. So, what I make is not that much. But, it is a good source of extra money. Almost like a bonus every year. I made between $1000 and $2000 on google adsense this year. Good enough for that XBOX 360!

The only real way to make money online is to have lots of traffic going to your website.  It doesn't matter if you have ads or you are selling a product, if you don't have visitors, you won't make money.  Those people who make thousands on ads from a website have millions of visitors a month.  This is the only way to make substantial amounts of money on line. 

Most people (myself included), have a small website with relatively low traffic.  So, what I make is not that much.  But, it is a good source of extra money.  Almost like a bonus every year.  I made between $1000 and $2000 on google adsense this year.  Good enough for that XBOX 360!

True indeed real content=real traffic= making real money the more the better of course !

Also dont fall for many scam sites that promise to make you rich quickly,

this isnt a possibility on the www, or you should come up with a verry original

not done by someone else webproject !

Also my experience to make online money is though amazon.com affiliate program to sell their stuff on ur site(s) and you get payed commision for each prodect sold, and off course google ads !

Do also like I did look at what the big lon excisting companies do to earn money online and try to replicate their ways ! :)

The only real way to make money online is to have lots of traffic going to your website. It doesn't matter if you have ads or you are selling a product, if you don't have visitors, you won't make money. Those people who make thousands on ads from a website have millions of visitors a month. This is the only way to make substantial amounts of money on line.
Most people (myself included), have a small website with relatively low traffic. So, what I make is not that much. But, it is a good source of extra money. Almost like a bonus every year. I made between $1000 and $2000 on google adsense this year. Good enough for that XBOX 360!

Wow, you call that not getting a lot of visitors ;)? I made my first 1 dollar after 3 days... :) (then again, my site has absolutely nothing to view! lol)

dooga, I am only getting around 80-100 uniques per day on my website. Is that high traffic? I wouldn't consider it high traffic. I used to get well over 300 but i stopped updating my site for over 6 months. Even then, I wouldn't consider it high traffic.I would say right now if I leave my website alone it will always generate around 80-100 uniques just because it has been around for over a year now. Right now, even with 80-100 uniques a day, I am still making enough to payout every month from google.I have a pretty good CTR on my website. fluctuates around 8-15% So, the other lesson is not only high traffic but high QUALITY traffic so you can increase your CTR (click through rate).