xisto Community
_TyIzaeL_

Age Of Empires 3 What do you think?

AOE III is good, but Rise of Nations was better

Age Of Empires 3

I have started to like AOE III. The game is not as flexible as Rise of Nations is, but is playable. You cannot field large armies, as in Rise of Nations, and there are many limitations. I wish Microsoft Game Studios had incorporated the good points of RoN into AoE 3.

It is still a decent game, and worth buying.

-reply by Gauhar Kachchhi

AOE III, no big dealAge Of Empires 3

to be honest, I expected more from this game, the game doesn't feel like AoE anymore, it feels weird, not because the game has changed of time (in game time, I mean ages), but because the game feels different, I know the creators of the game tried to make something better, they really made better graphics, I got an AMD x4 Phenom  3GB RAM, and a SLI system of Dual GeForce 9800  and running on windows XP SP3 and maybe its a bug, or I need a patch, but the game seems to be "lagging" whenever I move more than 40 soldiers at the same time, they move in pictures, but everything around moves alright except the army I got  currently selected, and I realized the game its full of bugs, and to be honest, it is very boring compared to the old AoE games, and about the"lag" I really don't think its my computer, because I got a super computer, compared to what it asks...Which of course made me delete the game, because I consider it a waste of time ^_^ to be honest, there are more games out there that offer more, like Red Alert 3, Empire earth II and III...AoE I and II are better, more confortable, less bugs, more fun and most important more accesible...

Keywords: age of empires iii sucks

I play Age of Empires II: Age of Kings. It's alright, the gameplay is a bit repitive. AoE3 is just like AoE2 but with better graphics and a few more things to touch it up. It gets boring after awhile so unless you are thinking to buy expansion packs for it, don't expect to have fun for long periods of time. I wish they had removed the soldier cap. It would've been more fun.

aoe 3 is my favorite rts game, and I know that will probably be a controversial thing to say. I love the graphics and game play, and the base in history. The campaign is boring but random skirmishes, especially multiplayer, are really fun. I also like its simplicity, although many probably find it boring. I prefer simpler rts games, not insane micromanagement and quick use of abilities like in warcraft 3. Get the expansions, they make it even better.

this game is probably more for casual gamers like me than for intensely competitive blizzard fans. But to each his own

-reply by demon9675

Really good oneAge Of Empires 3Aoe 3 itself isn't as good as the predecssors were. But after you add asian dynasties expansion it's a crazy horse!Let me tell you something the graphics is amazing...If u have a high end pc to utilise asian dynasties power then it'll blow you away, specially naval battles, the water looks amazing. Also using a high end pc there's like a misty weather around some areas...Unfortuantely like it's predecessors asian dynasties doesn't have weather effects. That's like the only thing to let it down, apart from the bit smaller size campaigns. If u like playing long historical campaigns like previous aoe games, u'll be let a little bit down. But guess what? it's taking the story to ASIA!Multiplayer is quite good, but for some reasons I always prefered the historical and realistic side of aoe series, so I wasn't happy with the campaign.As for other RTS games...Aoe 3 with asian dynasties is pretty much the best you can get now (till starcraft 2 comes up - I think it'll be close). Warcraft 3 is good but it's old, and just coz so many people play it doesn't make it the best game. Asian dynasties is a lot newer than warcraft 3, and more in depth, play warcraft if u wanna play dota or just the fighting part, not the actual gameplay. But even then there's games like total war series that were built for that reason, so warcraft 3 is pretty much a old horse, it's time's over...Compared to other rts games apart from company of heroes(doesn't fit into category) and total war series(they're as good as or better) this game is a kick in the teeth for them. If you like playing down to earth approach and realistic gameplay, along with some real strategy apart from just fights - look no further.As for rise of nation vs asian dynasties - R0n is bit more complex than aoe 3...Hard to get started, and yeah in asian dynasties you are managing a colony not the entire empire - so of course you cant field the whole world into battle.Too bad ensemble's being shut, stupid recession. Robot games(I think that's the name) is gonna carry this series on...- I'm a RTS junkie...Trust me.