xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
_TyIzaeL_

Inside Of A Processor

Is there anyone out there among you that has a picture of what it looks like inside a processor. Maybe a picture of the inside of an AMD and an Intel processor for comparison. It's been a curiosity that's arisen in me and driven me crazy for a while.

You know, for some reason people seem rather reluctant to dismantle one of the most inportant pieces of hardware from their precious PC :lol: After extensive Google-ing, looking in stock libraries and asking around, nobody has a photo of the inside of any computer CPU.Sorry I can't help you, but good luck in your search.

I wish I had seen this topic over the summer. I have had really bad luck with anything that went into my old computer case. There must have been bad airflow because two processors fried. I should have torn them apart they were useless anyways but my dad took them to work for some reason or another.

It might be because your power supply was faulty, causing the electricity flow to not flow like normal. Or like you said, it could be because of bad airflow (and i mean REALLY BAD) that your processor could cool itself down.Another possibility would be that your heatsink wasn't doing what it was suppose to do or it could be your thermal coumpound issues.But the chances of faulty power supplies are the highest among the possibilities I've just stated. :)

hi i would suggest you yourself can take a look inside your processor ,all that you might have thought is how to open it and see . Its incredibly easy.

A screwdriver to remove the lid from the unit (some systems you don't even need a screwdriver). RAM can be changed by hand (little clips hold the RAM pcb in place. You can also change the processor by hand, may need a small flathead screw driver to remove the Processor after you have taken off the fan and heatsink (metal thing). Make sure you're somewhere to reduce the amount of static. Like not on a carpet etc in case it damages the boards as you hold them. An anti-static wrist-band is quite cheap however if you want to be doubly sure.

Notice from rvalkass:

Any copied material must go in QUOTE tags. Copied from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/