xisto Community
_TyIzaeL_

How Did You Get Your Computer? Interesting story behind mine

Hye , Me just join Xisto yesterday . Oh , it is really a nice way to share your experiences.How I get my computer . Infact , it took 1 year to me to but my personal computer .Its happened so that every time I collect money to buy my computer. But when I thaught of purchasing my computer , I went to market and buy some beautiful gift for my ?Girl friend? and spend money on my friends :lol: . Almost three timed it happened so . Then in the end on my Birthday , my elder brother Gifted a new computer to me on my Birthday ?? <_<

We needed a second computer - A family friend had upgraded their computer and they had a Clam lid PowerBook running os9 with a broken CD drive. They couldnt use it because of the old OS and no CD dive was a hassel. So they gave it to me.
I set up a network at home and installed the lastest OSX on via firewire and its as good as gold. No CD drive but never need it. use USB flash drives that hold 1GB adn its all networked. Its a great score do all the web work and emailing and word on it.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Well I guess I'll just post about how I got my first and second computers, because both are fairly interesting. Well actually the first is kind of dumb. I got an old 400 mhz 32mb ram emachine from my uncle. I'm pretty sure he just built it with spare parts, but I was excited when I first got it. My second computer 40gb hd, 1ghz, 512mb ram, traded it for a dreamcast that I had, and like 5 games. So pretty much I got it for around $30. Thats just funny

How did got my ever first computer ? I got my computer exactly three years ago gifted to me on my birthday by my elder brother . But then it was taken away by me because of my deeds. It soo happened that I never install a anti-virus and like to play with virus and Trojan to know that how they get activated and destroy the data . every time when windows get corrupted I asked my brother to re-install windows . He warns me that you will lost your hard disk . But I never left my this bad habbit . So once my hard disk damaged . My brother buy a new one and this time I was playing with power supply , I connects the wron wires so every thing got a blast means demaged... :rolleyes: Then my brother took my pc with him to other city . and he asked me that you will get your pc infact a new branded pc only when you will do your O level .Finally after doing my O level I got a new and a better Pc. :lol:

Well, basically the way I got mine is because my dad owns his own business and office. It is a small business so he only needs about 6 computers. The good thing is every year or so, he upgrades to the newest computers to keep his work updated with the most compatible software. So one day he gets about 4 new computers in and that happens to be the day that I go into his office. And guess what, I?m just like, ?Dad, what are you going to do with that computer, and that one too?? And he was just like, ?Well, I don?t use them anymore, so I guess you can have them.?So he brings two computers home. One of them was crap. It was like an old Pentium III HP Pavilion but I took that apart a long time ago and made a better one with extra parts. But the other one was a pretty nice HP Pavilion a250n. That happens to be the one I am working on right now. I recently upgraded from the single master 120GB hard drive and added in a slave 40GB hard drive that I had sitting around. It has a 64MB nVidea video card which works good enough for me. I can play Call of Duty 2 on it as well as Need For Speed: Most Wanted.I am just getting ready to buy a new 20.1? monitor and a new computer that is compatible with Windows Vista in the next year or so. The monitor I am looking at is the LG L203WTX Black-Silver 20.1 8ms Widescreen LCD Monitor. It is very nice according to the reviews and is on sale for a price of $499. I just wish I had enough money to buy it right now and a new Vista compatible computer as well. Well, now you all know my story of how I attained my computer. My laptop is a whole other story. Maybe I will tell you guys another day.

I bought mine fm. 1 of those bulk computer store. I oredered all the parts and they built it. I wasn't very good at building one so I bought the parts only. My computer only costed nme $500. I keep upgrading it now.

I found my first computer in the bin, along with a gigabyte motherboard and an Intel 486 60MHz chip. Yes I was quite happy until the computer game people starting making games for faster PCs :) I now get my dad's old PC when he upgrades. I now have a...... and don't laugh.......Pentium III 650MHz 256MB ram. It serves its perpose for the time being and it's better than nothing.

I aquired this computer through a program at my little brother's school. For some reason, a compay called CyberStudies101.com figured that if they gave out free computers to student who failed the math proficiency test the year before, the kids would go to their site every day and use it. (YEAH RIGHT).

We never used the site, the site was slow, and down more than half the time.

So, in the end we got a free quality AMD System for absolutely nothing.

I defy you to post a more interesting story. :)

Well it would have been nice if I were to get a free computer. Sadly that wasn't my case :P

Well I was in the 5th grade (my parents long promised me a computer once I'll be in the 5th grade). They didn't have all the money for it and as we don't like borrowing money from banks, they started buying my computer piece by piece. And for almoust half an year every month they bought some part of my computer. The funny part of my story comes now... as the computer's parts where all on my sofa I was eager to see it working that everyday I used to hug and kiss the computer's components.

Yeah that was stupid, but I was 11 years old and there wasn't anything on the world that could make me happier then my own computer. And, even though I have changed it a few times since I bought it 8 years ago, I can say I still love it. :P

My story is not as interesting and advantage-taking as yours but I will post mine nonetheless. I figured I was going to do a lot of projects while in my 2nd year of tertiary education mainly programming. I can't be walking around in the campus looking for an empty computer lab all the time and wait to get home before starting on my programming project. So I decided to head down to my local Harvey Norman retailer and purchase a laptop. At that point of time, I wasn't too concerned what brand I would buy, be it an Acer, HP, Compaq, Fujitsu ... etc, I was introduced to a Sony Vaio laptop. I was fascinated by the design of the laptop, one which is used for large scale video editing and also entertainment purposes. Its specs were one of the best around there and on top of that, it was the only laptop providing wide-screen resolution, very useful for me especially as I do designs using photoshop, it could really help me. Some bundled software came with it, namely Sonic products (Burner, Music player, editor ... etc) and Adobe (Premiere).I have been using this laptop for a year and I am very satisfied with it. I will definitely continue using Sony Vaio if they are going to cater to Macintosh OSes, but I guess that won't be happening anytime soon.

:) I got my first PC from my parents, it was a pentium one, and it sucked big time lol After a few years I got to High School and started learning Delphi the language and I suprised myself and my parents, so then they bought me my own PC :P I do everything with my new PC it's just very expensive to buy new parts every once in a while haha

:P I got my first PC when I was 13 years old, I like most kids used it for games :) It was a old pentium1 with 200 mhz processor and it had 64 mb ram and 1 mb graphics. After I grew up and got in gr.11 I started learning Delphi and so my dad bought me a new Pentium4. I am still using it at the moment, and Im upgrading it along the way :P