xisto Community
_TyIzaeL_

How Did You Get Your Computer? Interesting story behind mine

i snatched my pc from the store. hehehe. just kidding. my parents bought this, although the pc is second hand, that's why i need a new one or a new laptop. gimme some laptop!!! hehe.

I just bought my new hp computer from bestbuy. I costed me around 1.5k, but its worth every penny, cheaper then even just building one with all the power thats in this comp. But now I owe my parents like 1k, and I have to work for it :lol:

my uncle got me this computer for no apparent reason. he always gets my family the nicest things. he got me a pool table, this computer, and the day after the gave me this computer (he slept over at my house), his car got frickin' jacked. is dat what he gets for giving??

iBook: Purchased online from Apple.com before extensive travel in other countries July 2002. $~1800 G3 700, 14.1" screen, combo drive.PowerMac: Bought when the company I work for was replacing all the G4's with G5's. Dual 1.25Ghz G4, 4GB RAM, 4x160GB HDDs for $1250 about 1.5 years ago. (And Final Cut Pro Studio that I never bothered to wipe off...)Compaq Alpha Server: Bought from work when moved the renderfarm from Alpha to Xserve: $1750 in 2001 or 2002...can't remember. Quad Alpha 500mhz CPU's, NT4 for Alpha, 2GB Ram, 3x18GB SCSI HDD. DEC Alpha Workstation: Diddo from work, $750 in 2001. 350Mhz, 1GB Ram, NT4 for AlphaMac Mini: I bought online from various Ebay Auctions about $420 each. All are 1.25 Ghz with 1GB Ram. I use them for Xgrid nodes for Lightwave and Xgrid rendering for Terragen and Blender 3D. PowerBook: G4 1Ghz, 1GB Ram, $650. I just bought this last week from a friend. He's getting a MacBook Pro and I needed something to replace my iBook. Current Final Cut has no Intel versions out and I do a lot of video work on the side. I don't want to switch to Intel chips until the software is there and the bugs are worked out. 3x IBM PIII 867: got these at an auction for $60 a piece last year. They run FreeBSD just fine and are decent rendering nodes for Xgrid as well.

I aquired this computer through a program at my little brother's school. For some reason, a compay called CyberStudies101.com figured that if they gave out free computers to student who failed the math proficiency test the year before, the kids would go to their site every day and use it. (YEAH RIGHT).

We never used the site, the site was slow, and down more than half the time.

So, in the end we got a free quality AMD System for absolutely nothing.

I defy you to post a more interesting story. :(

i have an interesting story. it's about a post i just read. some kid was bragging about failing the math proficiency. what's even more interesting than that was to find out that schools now reward students for failing.

i got my first computer(a used apple ii+) almost 20 years ago after saving $600 in allowence. it took me a couple years but well worth it and was proud of my accomplishment.

My Story Will Kill all of yours...

I walked into Circet city and asked some guy who worked t

here what computer was good for games

and upgradeable, he told me and I bought it,

:( Beat THAT I Dare you.

i am going to come to your house and steal your computer, then come back here and post about it

Our first personal computer was a second hand, hand-me-down from our relatives in the United States. it was Pentium III and works perfectly fine during the first months. And after few more months we needed a better personal computer because the school is asking for more advance paper works and presentation so we bought another one. I am now using a pentium four PC that works as my workstation in freelance webdesigning and graphic arts works. I am using this as my school, I am studying by myself using free stuffs and online tutorials.

As I am doing my BE Computer Science Engineering, I was in a need for a good PC to carryout my ideas and do a lot of practice in programming, So my Dad bought me this PC and now I am enjoying it and it was loaded with all the latest hardware and software to keep my works going on.

I bought mine years ago and have since removed and replaced almost everything in it. It has its original case and motherboard, but yeah. I am begining to think it needs to be replaced completely.I'm not one of those computer nerds who builds and works with their own computer. I just have it to play video games and upgrade where needed. I'm a chick, I'm not supposed to do those things! That's what boobies are for.

I'm not one of those computer nerds who builds and works with their own computer. I just have it to play video games

so what is the difference between a nerd and a geek???

your post actually gave me a flash back of 20 years ago or so when i ran a couple bbs's(bulletin board systems) with forums and chat rooms. anyway, i took advantage of my power(i was like a god to these people for some reason) and told them to come to my house for a little user meet and they can donate to me to keep their accounts. anyway, nothing against fat people with zits and pocket protectors who wear brady bunch clothes, but that's who showed up. at first i wanted to tell each and every one of them to go home, but i forgot that they brought money for me. so i let them stay for a while. one guy even traveled about 90 miles or so just to hand me 20 bucks and leave....haha what a nerd. i never had another user meet. they were ALL NERDS and they spent more time on the computer than i did(which i thought was impossible at the time). i created this all with my first computer. then i began to wonder if other people viewed me as i viewed these other people. a scarey thought. was fun pushing my computer and the knowledge i gained to promote people to my site. unfortunately everything had to get shut down for legal purposes and i only have the memory which is remembered by posts like yours about nerd haha

but again i ask you....what's the difference between a hacker nerd or a video game playin' geek? i will debate this issue with you until we play a game of pacman or asteroids and you beat me....but i have to warn ya, these games were probably made before you were even born and i am an expert at both :)

it was about 7-8 years ago, i think. I and my brother pestered my dad for a computer. my dad was very much computer litterate with his DBASE and Wordstar. So we convinced him to buy us a computer. Our 1st computer was a Pentium 2, 233MHz, 32MB Ram,creative infra Cd rom drive (one of the best that existed, came with a IR remote),a floppy drive( i stilll have the same one),Yamaha sound card. Later we bought an epson 640 stylus which was to be my 1st printer. this computer although primitive now actually cost us a bomb.

How did I get my computer ! ?

It was just due to my elder brother . In those days he was just learning Computer Languages . He was in other city. But when he was going abroad , He gifted his PC to me?But then I enven not now how to turn the computer on or off. I just remember that when I have to turn off mine pc , I just pluged out the power supply. And when my friend install windows on my system I just thaught ?how difficult it is to install a window?

But with the pessage of time I started to understand this MACHINE nicely? :lol: