xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
amhso

Bandwidth Upgrade can we have one?

I've seen other people suggest this at other post for hosting sites, and I believe that this is a good idea (atleast at my point of view). For the people that have many credits and contribute more than they have to for hosting, wouldn't it be good if we could upgrade our bandwidth...like per month. Have a sort of forum shop to purchase additional bandwdith for a certain ammount of credits, and just for that month, not permanently (or else people could over time, get an overly rated ammount of bandwidth).

well in order to get more bandwidth Opaque would have to purchase it and spread it out to 500+ accounts and bandwidth gets really expensive especially in when getting it in gigs.

The bandwidth supported already should be more than enough for your hosting needs. I dont think someone here has ever exceeded their bandwidth limit. And if they have, then chances are they were doing something they werent supposed to.

My site has loads of images on it and I never get anywhere near my bandwidth limit. Its a nice idea, but I doubt many people would ever actually need to purchase more bandwidth.

Mmm... I have lost many accounts due to overuse of bandwith... I had an "UNLIMITED" (lol) account. Also my site was only a wap/mobile site. BUT i did have on it well over 5000 downloads, and was getting a few thousand hits a day. Also had file uploader running off the ftp commands, and a busy text file chat lol... Lasted about six months before excuses were made and site deleted. I decide now traffic is worth more than stupid amounts of downloads and uses alot less bandwidth pmpl... I now have downloads like scripts, icons, php snippets, smileys etc and one chat room. Much better ;-) (o an also watch out for little terrors with rubbish sites linking to your downloads grrr lol)

Well that is why there is paid hosting. Free hosting means that the host is either breaking even or losing money because they don't get money out of the deal accept for ads. There are two packages here and I think that is more than enough. I think if you expect more then you might want to look for paid hosting.