xisto Community
moldboy

Floating Things Over Other Things

Hello I have an image which I am currently floating to the right of a DIV cell, that works great, however I want to place a table over it, I can make it work if I use absolute positioning but I hear that that isn't the best Idea, so I want ot float the table to the right also but it just bumps up adainst the edge of the image. I don't think I can use my image as a background becasue I already have a background image, if I am wrong however please tell. Also I tried using the z-index property but that didn't work either.

Can you add the Image as a background to the table?Also, which browser are you using? Each browser handles these situations differently. It might help to know what browser you are building in.

Rather than guessing as to what your page looks like and what might be a solution, why not post a link to the page or at least the code involved so that people have a better chance of suggesting something useful?

Not completely get what you are saying, dont understand what you want, but if i think that you want what i think you want.. (to get a logical markup code that shows your table and image in the right order and both floated to the right) i have a link with a tutorial about it, but its just a mess of divs and its aimed to the main look and layout itself of a site, not for a particular situation like this, let me get the link...

Well im sorry i didnt find the link of the article i read, but i found this one:

http://www.manisheriar.com/holygrail/

Its not about your exact issue, but i think you can take advantage of the wrapping principles used here to achieve this look, hope it works for you...