xisto Community
realthor

Getting An Account On Trap17 how to do with domain name?

I'm a little confused right now.I've got the necessary credit points for an account but before proceeding i would like to be adviced how to do regarding a name for my domain:should i buy one or reserve a free one that's confortable with me or should i get the default Xisto?I have no previous experience with domain names and really don't know what's best.For the beginning i wouldn't be disturbed by a .tk or so domain as long as it's free but don't know how if possible can i change that let's say after i buy one later...And where can i register for a free(for now)and nice/easy domain name?Hope you understood anything:)

realthor,I don't know of any place that will supply a free domain name, but keep hunting and let us all know how you make out. The next best thing would be to apply for a Xisto.com sub-domain (which is free) and re-direct via the dot tk re-direction service. This also helps to promote Xisto's services. The Xisto subdomain is selectable on signup, I think, so apply for the free subdomain. It will be something like "yourchosenname dot Xisto dot com". (no quotes, dot = '.'). Then register at the tk re-direct service so anybody using the "realthor dot tk" address will be taken to "yourchosenname dot Xisto dot com".I've had no problems using the default sub-domain. It is just as easy to issue to others as a dot org or a dot com. There are several threads posted here on the trap about re-directs, so search away, read up, and decide.

I don't think that's what he's asking. You will have trouble getting a free generic top level domain name (such as .com/.net/.org/.info), but there are plenty of free redirection services, of which you seem aware. You can also pick up a free .be domain name until the start of 2006.

You can add new top-level domains to your account whenever you like, either parking them to work with your existing site or adding them on as new websites, provided you don't exceed your account's limits. You can also change the main domain here if you want.

If you don't really know how to work with domain names I would start with blahblah.trap17.com You can start with a subdomain but always transfer to a normal domain later costing 15 hosting credits. You can experiement around and see what you like best. A regular domain will cost money and a sub domain doesn't. It really depends what you want to do with your site and if you feel like you need one.

realthor For a domain its really up to you... There is no FREE .com .net or any domain like that. I?ve searched for a LONG time... something like that doesn?t exist. And does that say they offer free .com there is usually a catch for example you have to get (Blank) amount of points and to get points you have to complete some offers which eventually will charge you money.Best way is just go and buy the domain there are super cheap currently... Some are actually less then a gallon of gas :) .Check out yahoo domains they are selling them for 2.99 which I cheapest I?ve seen around. You could also get one from godaddy.com which has awesome support and in my opinion best support ever. Even though its almost 10 bucks its still worth it.Godaddy also offers you 1 free mail box ++You can also choose to get a free subdomain from Xisto which is also not a bad idea. once you get your subdomain and you want a better/shorter domain you might want to take a look at http://www.dot.tk/en/index.html?lang=en free domain names (.tk domain) what .tk is is basically gives you a domain and they forward it to your subdomain.Getting a new domain is super Simple. Just sign up and purchase it from where ever you are going to purchase it. Then in your domain control panel find name server settings and change them tons1.trap17.comns2.trap17.comNot sure if does are name servers so if its wrong please someone correct me...Anyway once you are done getting the domain and have changed the name servers just sign up saying that http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ is your domain.What you can also do it sign up with a subdomain and once you have made a decision that you would like lets say a .com domain all you would do is change the name servers and go to your website cpanel click on parked domain and park your domain.Good luck... Enjoy

If you like the domain .tk then yes all you do is just sign up for a sub domain with Xisto then once you get your account set up and everything is working... Then if you want that .tk domain just go to http://www.dot.tk/en/index.html?lang=en and register a new .tk domain and its pretty simple it will ask for your website address you put it in and once you have finished the process in a few minutes yull get your domain.

By the way a quick thing about .tk as default it will place ads on your website but if you do not want them to place ads on your website you could removed the ads very easily.

Once you have registered a domain you will be allowed to log into your account (Control Panel)

Next select your domain and click continue

Then you will see 3 options, Just select the one that says

No, thanks, I don't want to have a banner on my website. I am not interested in being selected for a review on Dot TK's website or a great Dot TK Polo Shirt.

Next click continue... now the ads will be removed from your website.

Its that simple.

This is only for a .tk domain though. And if you choose you don't want a .tk domain just use the sub domain that you got free from Xisto.

If you have any more questions you could always PM me.

Good luck.