xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
techiejohn

Online Ftp Help Solution Source This is help with FTP problems

If you have FTP problems, just go to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and then follow those directions. Also, did you know that if you have FTP service, you can view your files, but not change them in most cases by going to your web browser and typing this formula:  yourusernam%3Ayourpassword%40yourftpdomain.com (or org, net, etc. etc.)

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Editing title.
Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

Also if you havein ftp problems you could go to google and look for a Smart FTP its a ftp program. Heres what you do 1) Download it then install it 2) Open it up 3) in the Address in the address box which would be eather ft.yoursite.com (or what ever you have after .) or yoursitename.com (or whatever you have after the .) 4) then put in your login name and password in the right boxes then click connect Now if your going to go though a browser you can do yousitename.com (or whatever you have after the .) then login from there by clicking on file ---> login as

Notice from saint-michael:
edited as requested.
Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

Just to let you all know, i think smartftp is one of the worst. You cant upload folders, just files and you must create folders. takes way longer to upload mass files or scripts. DOwnlaod Filezilla its better.

FTP Desktop, one of the best FTP Programs i have come across, easy install, easy config. Most of all its an easy to use program because it i find it diagonis the problems and offers more help when something comes up wrong. Other good FTPs are CuteFTP, Filezilla. Also another thing is if you do run into problems, why not come on here and search, im sure you'll find your answer, and if not, boost your post count and post it!

At the moment because I'm behind a proxy at uni I can't use FTP programs, wierd since I thought ftp was one of the ports they usually leave open.
Anyway I've been using Web2Ftp which is a cool ftp program that you can use in your browser. I think I found it while searching on here but I think it's such a useful website that it deserves a mention again.

At the moment because I'm behind a proxy at uni I can't use FTP programs, wierd since I thought ftp was one of the ports they usually leave open.

Anyway I've been using Web2Ftp which is a cool ftp program that you can use in your browser. I think I found it while searching on here but I think it's such a useful website that it deserves a mention again.

202943[/snapback]

exactly what I need selim, thanks a lot.