xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kvarnerexpress

Comp Reboots Before Windows Starts Up

The only way I can get to the desktop is in Safemode, which I am in now. I start my computer up normally and when it gets to the Windows loading screen, about after 5 seconds it reboots and then it says there is a problem with it. (I'll try and get the exact message but it's really, really long.) And it gives me the options to start in Safemode, Start Windows normally, or start Windows with my last good recent thing. I choose the last one (start Windows w/ last good thing) and it starts up, I see the desktop and everything until everything loads up then all the icons on my desktop disappear and the bar down below with the start menu and time on it disappears.This really shouldn't be happening, I mean, c'mon, it's a brand new computer.Thanks,kvarnerexpress

Did you change something in your hardware configuration?Ofcourse, what is the exact error, or problem?Was your computer infected with virusus (as long as you know)?Before this error, did you install a pecific program?What's the exact pc hardware configuration?

hi, as you can see, there is lack of information for others to help you. would you mind capture you services listing and post here. just in case, the simplest way to do this is, go start menu ==> control panel ==> administrative tools ==> services , open and size it to get all the item viewable, then, confirm it is still active, put the key combination : alt-printscreen/sysRq, you will have a screen capture only the services windows. finally, open any graphics apps, let say paint and paste, save and post it here. also, if you recently installed new drivers like display one, then you have to go the hardware dialog of it and try restore it first. ( go device manager ==> right click the display card and select property ==> driver tab and on the bottom half screen, you should see and item called uninstall previous driver or roll back driver some thing like that. :P P.S. driver restore works only on winxp.- hope this help

i had a friend who had the same problem, but he downloaded a virus and it deleted his system32 folder, so he got to the logon screen, would click his user, then it'd shut down. you may have to reinstall windows again, or else do a repair and get missing files (if this is the case)

Your problem is mainly because you have altered something and now during start there is a system failure and it automatcialy restarts itself. Have you tried disabling this feature then trying to reverse things you have recently done to your PC?