xisto Community
cragllo

How Do I Overclock My Processor? Im a newbie at all this.

I have a motherboard that keeps my cpu from frying but I just don't understand why it over clocks my ram at the same time and I have the best cooling system so I'm good

I'm running a Intel Core 2 Duo conroe 2.33 

i agree with every one here,but yet i disagreeHow Do I Overclock My Processor?

you want to overclock it ... then over clock it, but what games are you over clocking it for?...And it could also be you graphics card  not being on the right settings, I have an hp pavilion dv6-1122us and it runs crysis, but my graphix card is ati radeon hd 3200...With 2 gigs of ram and I have additional 4 gigs of ddr, so I'm running 6 gigs of ram,  but that is besides the point  /txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley2.Gif

anyhow, I noticed that my graphix card is a bit of a problem due to it being a laptop anyways, but idk if your pc is a laptop or desktop.

laptops will always have some type of a lag unless you have the best graphix and heat sinks and the best processor availiable...Alienware is my next laptop its the new m-17x...Insane

desktops, same rule applies, but even if you over clock it...Its a 2.2 ghz..Unless u have a 2.5 or higher to over clock at 2.7-2.9...You might as well say f it man..Your gonna over heat that beast

-reply by casey chaos

Overclocking is not as bad, difficult, or hard as most people make it seem. All you'll need is a calculator really. If you have an aftermarket board, just go into the bios and adjust the multiplier and the frequency. Multiply these together and this is total frequency of the processor. After you get it to the desired speed try to boot windows and run processor intensive tasks over an extended amount of time to see if it is a stable clock. If it works then you can up the ante until you find the maximum frequency. You can also increase the voltage in the chip on most aftermarket motherboards to help stabilize the processor if it keeps crashing. Really this is just a matter of trial and error so don't be discouraged. Also a few things to remember: Every single processor is different (even if it the same model), this means that some will reach higher frequencies than others. AMDs reach higher frequencies, but Intels run cooler, so if you have some serious cooling then save some money and go with AMD. If it overheats then most processors will be fine (especially one built within the last few years)

-reply by That Guy

I was just wondering if I could overclock my processor from 2.53 to 2.6 for my laptop. I have a Sager NP8660 with a G-Force 9800. I do get a bit of lag on high settings and it seems to always be my processor. The recommended setting on most games is 2.6. My question is will I have problems if I overclock my processor from 2.53 to 2.5ghz. Games like Crysis I can run on most settings high its just when I get to a busy area I do get some lag.

-reply by Ollie

Overclocking is a must!How Do I Overclock My Processor?

OC is a big must and I say this because some systems run cooler than others and those cooler running systems can can benefit greatly from a slight OC. I would almost say that using a CPU out of the box at default factory speed is underpowered and wasteful. These chips are designed to go 4%-8% higher than STOCK speed/temp. In the gaming industry every bit of processing power is critical during those moments when you get pounded by a guy with faster cpu. Aiming, landing the shot before his FPS tells him you landed is a WINNER.

But however tread with caution if you are not experienced and new to OC'ing. It's 100% safe if you know what you are doing on the other hand it's 100% dangerous if you don't.

Conclusion...Do it if you know and don't if you don't know:)

-reply by Cybervang