xisto Community
e-buttler

Scolling Led Belt Buckle Ok, Ok...Its not reeaallly technology

I just came over the most outrageous and dumb piece of electronic geekiness on the planet. Scrolling LED belt buckles!!!

I could just imagine the genius, coming up with this reveolutionary peice of junk was thinking at the time. "Daaaa....LED lights are cool.....belts are cool too....WAIT!!! Let's put LED lights, on Belts!!!".

These Belts come with:

Onboard Speed and Brightness Control (Just incase someone's having a hard time reading what's scrolling on your pants!)

Can store 6 messages, each message up to 250 words (For those people that have alot to say)

Takes two CR2032 batteries (included) (Just to make it more inpractical)

Comes with user manual (For those who are to busy looking into the light to figure out the onboard controls on the back!)

Here are some pics.

Posted Image

(Some poor man wearing the wreched thing)

Posted Image

(Alone)

Posted Image

(The Back of this "complicated" monstrosity)

CREDITS:

I got my information from: ThinkGeek.com

If you are actually planning to buy these things, You can visit: IcedOut Gear

lol I have seen those before. I think they are pretty stupid. I know someone who has one actually. I don't think there is really a point to them. It's not like you really need them or serve a purpose.

Just wait till they come out w/ the hat. It'll be the new craze, like Janet Jackson and her black hat w/ the writing done on it in metalic letters back in the 80's. You remember those right? This way you can can put more then one word on it and make your statement!

I'm sure that all the guys have their belts saying something like "Too much for you!" and all the girls have their belts taunting "You wish!"As was mentioned, it's more or less a pretty useless technology, although the glowing text does look pretty cool.

I've seen these before. There are belts, hats, Frisbees and t-shirts, and all of them are totally pointless, way overpriced and just weird looking! Wouldn't you feel a bit stupid wandering down the street with some random text scrolling across you?

yeah ive seen those before...they are considered "ghetto"at school its pretty lame ive seen like 4 of them... all very lame then not to mention the guys wearing it are sagging there pants...

One of the many strange things to be found on thinkgeek.com...Imagine walking down the street with five people staring at your groin area trying to figure out what message is on your belt.

I think it more of a fashion thing then a technology thing. It is interesting question though as to the extent technology will influence the fashion of the future. I don?t think that lights will have a place in tomorrows fashion as they are not that impressive in bright light and they could ruin any type of atmosphere set by dimmer lighting. However, for some night activities such as say skiing though the woods cloths that produce light might catch on with a few people.

It may become a popular thing in raves and in large studios with baring music, flashing lights, young people, and lots of drugs.I wonder how exactly one is supposed to be able to configure these belt/hat/etc. things. Furthermore, I'd think they'd be quite susceptable to damage (especially in the case of the hat, if it got rained on).

Lol that's one invention or shall I say idea that I will never get my hand on, howevre it has some good uses too, imagine walking in a dark alley you can use this as a flashlight, or if you are a traffic enforcer, you can use this as a body blinker lol

Those small LEDs would hardly work as a flashlight, and although they may work to get someone to be noticed, it would be much cheaper and easier to use reflector clothing for traffic enforcers, versus blinking LEDs.I'm afraid this invention has little use besides that of fasion (which wouldn't exactly make it exclusive, either).

Those small LEDs would hardly work as a flashlight, and although they may work to get someone to be noticed, it would be much cheaper and easier to use reflector clothing for traffic enforcers, versus blinking LEDs.

I'm afraid this invention has little use besides that of fasion (which wouldn't exactly make it exclusive, either).

204833[/snapback]

yah I agree and I know in the first place that this LED buckles is intended only for fashion but we also cannot cross out some possible use for this.

I say this one is not for everyone and most people will not even try this on, :lol: