xisto Community
kservice

Amd Vs. Intel For Laptop

It has always been two things for me when it comes to processors. If I will be buidling desktop system my priority would be AMD, in terms of price and performance it's really right in there however for notebooks I still will not touch AMD, at least for now, notebook PC's are prebuilt which means you have a limited resources to work on your system when problems such as thermal issues arise.

Same here, if I am building a desktop PC I would prefer to use an AMD chip because I feel I get a lot more performance for the same amount of money. And eventhough I do have an AMD laptop, I think that if I had the choice (the model laptop I bought only came with an althon xp) I would definately choose a laptop that is a centrino because of the power and heat advantages of it over the regular amd laptop chips. Even the features that are supposed to help with power on my amd laptop don't work correctly. My processor actually gets clocked down when I plug it into the wall and runs at full speed when unplugged haha.

Windows xp was designed to work with intel processors as so amd will not take advantage of this current O.S . Centrino models have low temperatures and his battery life time will be improved due to this.centrino could be a great option if you wanna use a NB for gaming and working at same time.If you wan?t a NB just to play games advice you to buy P4 option instead of centrino or AMD solutions as the performance will not be enought with this two models.

When it comes to laptop as we all know even general intel processors don't do very well and for this purpose intel has come up with centrino processors which take care of the heat emitting lesser heat than what normal processors do. I think because of this Centrino powered laptops are favorites everywhere and they perform very well and there are price difference too. This is the case with AMD as well. So, I think Intel scores much above AMD in laptops.

I marked that when u use any DOS Based application like foxpro / word star etc. on yr laptop / desktop which has AMD cpu then as per AMD supplied hardware monitor, CPU and battery usage will be 100% and temperature of CPU will be increased by 5 degree centigrade. So be carefull.But if u will use any window based application like photoshop, Visual Foxpro or Microsoft office then CPU / Battery usage etc. r very normal.. and it runs much faster than any Intel cpu.

Why you need to buy AMD?

Amd Vs. Intel For Laptop

After seems mary benchmark tests and reviews I think AMD is Better Than intel. Because AMD powerd with AMD 7 sieries chipsets with ATI graphics. Intel can't get close to it. That's why I said AMD is Better. If we play a Game we need Good garphics card more memory more processing power. Amd processor has intergrated memory controller supports to 400*667*800 and 1066. Intel don't have one. AMD 7 sereis chipset support ati vga and if your seperate ati card need more power intergrated chip will do the support. If you not using more garpics it will slow down your seperate vga speed and use intergrated vga. That's good energy saving method.

AMD puma laptop is the best laptop interduced with better gaming capability ever. Check it out with youtube video.

Finally I have to say go with AMD and you woun't be sad with it.

-reply by Yohan

Depends.Amd Vs. Intel For Laptop

amd turion x2 TL-K is an awesome processor. The1.6ghz runs fast. Really, comparable to an intel core 2 duo 2 ghz. There is a bit of a heating problem. Sometimes they shut down randomly because of it. But if you get a cooling pad, which is like 10$, it solves it. Or thermal paste. Anyway, the amd is better, for cheaper.

-reply by josh

AMD all the wayAmd Vs. Intel For LaptopWow... I can't believe the unlove for AMD. Yes, they do tend to run a little hotter but bang for the buck, AMD is hands down the better processor in terms of benchmarking in games. Intel tends to to barely beat AMD in processing in business apps but really, their processors actually are less efficient. Compare an Intel vs AMD and the equivalent AMD wins always. In fact, you can step down on an AMD to a lower processor speed and that is when you run equal. Example of AMD 2.0 ghz would be like getting a Intel 2.4 ghz. I have an AMD 1.8z single core that outperforms any intel 1.8 single core on up to a 2.2 ghz and it is now hecka old in computer terms but runs most games and programs not requiring x64 architecture.Point in case... Look at any game that comes out and you will see that all games recommend a higher speed intel when compared to AMD... They are just plain better and more efficient with the power they have.I also have two others running dual core intels (one a 2.16 pentium, the other a 2.10 centrino) and my pentium dual and while they are better than my single core AMD, they also have two cores and more ram and still do not perform that much better than my old 1.8 AMD single core when it comes to games. The AMD will last you longer because it is a more capable processor overall.

AMD all the way 2Amd Vs. Intel For LaptopOh and zdrigui, you are absolutly WRONG! AMD will outperform any comparable intel system. The biggest bottle neck for these systems... Not enough ram. Running vista (any level) needs a minimum 2 gigs. Andrescasta is correct, one part does not equal the whole.Alexia, what are you smoking, intel might have gotten a big name for itself but they are not the best performing... AMD wins, intel loses.

only because of some jerks and a**holes like you amd is still making laptop processors ! you *BLEEP* ! have you ever used an intel proccy ever EVER in your life time the answer is - no . Cuz u don't even bother wat intel makes, u crazy amd fanboy . Do you know the meaning of the word PERFORMANCE ? the answer is no . I'm using amd turion ( o God ! worst mistake in my whole life span ) I know the sufferings ;( and my brother has intel fuk man that thing is ages ahead . Pls people don't commit a mistake or ull be sorry . NEVER BUY AMD MOBILE PROCESSORS 'though phenoms kik a** and ati ROCKS. But statyaway from mobile one . Centrino-ftw

-reply by your daddy