xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
someguy

Javascript Close Window Javascript close window

Why javascript: window.close () is not working in Fire Fox, Is there any solution?

Javascript Close Window

Why javascript: window.Close () is not working in Fire Fox, Is there any solution?

-reply by Samuel

php close windowJavascript Close Window

awesome rvalkass, I spent several days to look for the right way to do this thing and your code is seemingly the only one I found

appreciated!

-reply by Author Name - e.G. John, MikeKeywords: php close window

none of these examples work on ff 3. So far I have not seen anyway to close a window not opened by a opener link, in firefox 3. Just ain't happening.

-reply by George W

Closing all tabs in IE7Javascript Close Window

when the user logs out my application - I display a page with a close button (and I use window.Close()).

But when the user clicks on that button - I need to close all the tabs - in otherwords close IE7 itself.

Is there a javascript code to do that.

thanks in advacen 

-question by Nathan

Firefox?Javascript Close Window

None of theses close window codes work in the newest firefox (version on the date I wrote this).

I'm creating a kiosk desktop with interactive visual effects an I've stabbed ubuntu desktop with

many radical blaablaablaa...

I have icons that open product info pages(html) on firefox and I have hidden all the borders and menus etc, I'd like to close these windows somehow..

- Can anyone help with this??

-reply by Pete Vuan

Hi

I want to close the current window forcefully without any cinfirmation message.

Please help me >>>>>

Thanks and Best Regards

Hardeep Singh Bhullar

Definately it will work in firefox. try this code

function closewindow() {var answer = confirm("Are you sure want to close this window ?");	if (answer){		netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege('UniversalBrowserWrite');		window.close();	}	else{		stop;	}}

Why javascript: window.close () is not working in Fire Fox, Is there any solution?

Javascript Close Window

Why javascript: window.Close () is not working in Fire Fox, Is there any solution?

-reply by Samuel

Definately it will work in firefox. try this code

function closewindow() {var answer = confirm("Are you sure want to close this window ?");	if (answer){		netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege('UniversalBrowserWrite');		window.close();	}	else{		stop;	}}
For this to work we need set change permission on our local browser. This isnt feasible as we cant ask the users of our web application change their security settings. Is there any other solution?

For this to work we need set change permission on our local browser. This isnt feasible as we cant ask the users of our web application change their security settings. Is there any other solution?

Hi Friends,

Any one got any update on this thread?
How to close the current window in Firefox(3.6.15)?
The window.close() is not working...

netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege("UniversalBrowserWrite");
window.open(,'_self');
window.close(); unable to trigger force close.

Detecting browser closes in IE and FireFox :D

I incorporate it in my JScript.js and when i use it in a big project and call the javascript function ForceCloseWindow() it did not work :c Error message of e.toString() states that 'A script from "http:" was denied UniversalBrowserWrite privileges.'

My question follows. How can I programmatically enable UniversalBrowserWrite privileges.

Thank you. Please advise.

Chandru P

Hi Friends.Is there any way i can close all related tabs or windowswindow.close() only close the current window or tab but i need to close all the tabs related to that application if they opened.if they right click on any link and opened in new tab when logout i need to close the other one toAny please appreciated

Hi does anyone have a code to close the browser window. This code needs to be used to close an actual full sized window, not a pop-up window.

SO frustrated with newer browsers being what I assume is secure... or not. On this topic, the only 'solution' I've found is this: make sure the page was opened using JavaScript or even a link ( a href ). This WILL close full-size windows/tabs.

After trying every suggestion in this thread (thank you all for taking the time!), I found that only by opening a window/tab via a link/JS was I able to get the *.close() functionalities to work.

Grr.
David