xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Problem... Maybe you can help...

I have Adobe Photoshop CS v8.0 with ImageReady and everytime I try to add a filter effect, I am unable to configure it the way I want, because the filter dialog box is way too large and I cannot seem to see the setting options. I've tried to resize the window; but it doesn't want to resize and I've also resized my desktop from 800x600 to the larger ones, but I can't stand to have my screen that large.

Is there anyway I can fix this problem? It's really starting to bug me...

Here is a capture of what my screen looks like everytime I try to apply a filter effect:

Posted Image

Thanks in advance,

-- J.

*BUMP* Still having this problem! Can anyone help or is this just a normal problem with Photoshop CS... If it is, it's rather annoying and Adobe should fix it... Later, -- J.

I have version 7.0 so i cant help you there with certainty. does the problem stay even if

the app is MaXiMiZeD [the top right buttons, {minimize},{restore/MAXIMIZE},{close}]?

Yes, it does. I always maximize the app. because it easier to view what you are working on if the project is a large one. I've also tried not maximizing the screen and still have this problem. I'm not sure why it's doing this, but it's really aggrivating after a while. Thanks, -- J.

there has to be a way to resolve that.... hmmmnnn... it seems the filter window isstretched too wide. how do you resize that in v8.0? double-clicking a window title bar(where it shows "Colored pencil 100%" in your sample image) usually toggles it frombig > small, small > big. still won't work? can you not manually stretch it back andforth (with stretch arrows along its border)? but i don't know if it would work with your version. will think of some solutions stillif there are any left :rolleyes: update us on how it goes.

Posted Image

As far as I know, that bar is the only way to adjust a filter preview, so try setting it to 100% or less.

I already tried that one, and I have also tried double-clicking the browser bar at the top to see if that would resize it. Niether of them worked. I suppose I will just have to live with it being this annoying... :rolleyes: Thanks for all the help, -- J.