xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kvarnerexpress

Rowspan

Hey all. I've used "colspan" many times to span columns, but I've never used "rowspan". I've never had a need to until now. The layout for this website absolutely requires that the main content cell (on the right) span two side content cells (on the left). That's because of the way I have the side background setup. The side background actually matches on the top and bottom (and boy was that a chore, getting that to happen!), so when the side background has to repeat itself, it looks ok. The problem is that the cell containing the image of the saddle on the left adjusts vertically in size, evidently to match the cell below it. And when this particular sell adjusts in size, it leaves a big black gap where the cell containing the leather background should begin.I assuming it's ok for me to place a link to this website on this page. I'm going to have to for you to be able to see the problem I'm referring to. Mods, I sware I'm not trying to get any of the viewers here to buy a saddle. I just need everyone to be able to view this website, so here it clairsaddleshop.com

And just in case the forum bot messes with that, the URL of the website is the name clair + saddle + shop with a .com on the end.I'd really appreciate any advice on this, as it's driving me crazy. Thanks in advance,kvarnerexpress

kvarnerexpress;I am far from being an expert on tables, but I am wondering if the menu background is repeating itself to allow (on my screen anyways) the menu labels to display on two lines rather than one line only?I would try shortening the menu labels to something which will display on one line only to see if the black then goes away. At least you would know if this is what caused the problem. Or use some styling to get the existing menu labels to output onto one line is another option. Smaller font size for the menu labels, narrower spacing between characters, there are several ways to do this. If the menu labels are successfully output on one line only, and the black persists, then you have removed one possibility and can focus on the table as the culprit.Just an idea. Hope it helps.