xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
andrescasta

Newbie At Making Dvd's

I was hoping there would be a sticky on this topic but I could not find a thread dedicated to this. I have no idea where to start with trying to understand simply how to convert my techno mpeg videos to dvd's for friends. I've searched the internet on dvd basics and all I get is technical info that's way beyond my understanding of this subject. All I want to know is what is the process here? I want to recording on dvd+rw using my dvd drive. I tried using Roxio, Mpegtmg program, Nero, and DVDfab. None of them are able to record the files to a dvd format to my dvd+rw. Only one of them was able to drag and drop an mpeg to the disc (Roxio). It burnt, but when I try to play it my computer crashes. I also understand you must do a complete formatt of these disks too? What is the file conversion involve, what type of .xxx file and I trying to change these too? I just want my friends to be able to pop a standard dvd into their non-computer dvd player and watch it. Why does this crap have to be so complicated?? andrescasta

What you need is a DVD authoring program. like WinDVD creator, or those that are included in the Roxio and Nero burning suite. You cannot just put the file on the DVD, you have to create a DVD and those apps will let you do just thatWith your burner, you had some software provided with?kservice

You can put your mpegs onto a dvd or cdrom if the file size is small enough.Just select cd-iso or dv-iso dependant on the disk type and then drag the files you want and burn the iso.The disk will play in most standalone dvd players.I had one standalone dvd player that would not play the mpeg if the mpeg file size was above 2gig.If you want to convert your mpeg files to dvd format , then just google "dvd santa".Download it and it will let you easily convert them.

If you have a new PC, chances are you may have some software pre-installed. Among them may be WinDVD creator and/or Sonic MyDVD.If you have a Mac, I believe there's an iDVD that already on the computer as well.I've created a couple of DVDs before (Windows), and I used a combination of Windows Movie Maker 2, Panasonic Video Editing Software and Sonic MyDVD (both came with the machine). The first two I used to make the movie, whereas I used Sonic to make an index menu. (Didn't make "chapters" for the movie, though.)