xisto Community
Nani Cheri

The End Of The World says preacher Santos

Hi all,Good old end of the world...I've seen very much good arguements.End of the world is bound to happen,when the sun starts to fade.There are dosens of scientific shows,describing how it will happen.Before the sun starts fading,it will consume Mercury,Venus,and Earth.So,I believe if I say this planet is done for,in a few million years,I'm not mistaken.Now,to my question.Why does everyone connect end of the world,with some natural catastrophe,or planetary destruction?Human race is very,very stupid race.With idiotic American government,that thinks it can police the world,take whatever resources it wants,and the only one insane enough to use nuclear weapon of mass destruction,what can we expect?The remainder of he world is bound to raise agains them.Maybe tomorrow,maybe in a year,10 years,or in 100 years.But it will happen.And what happens then?World War III.Only this time,I doubt there will be as many survivors in WWII.That,from my point of view,qualifies as the end of the world.People are incredible when it comes down to money.We wish to think we are highly evolved and inteligent race.But we're not that highy evolved and inteligent as we give ourselves the credit for.Someone,somewhere,sometime will come up with a brilliant idea to extract raw energy from a rock,with no cost at all.Then,someone else will see this as a potential for something more,and with the everlasting (and my personal favourite) excuse "we need this technology to defend our country,THEY are using this same technology to build a weapon to use against us,aren't you a patriot?"...Instant recipe for end fo the world.Like it or not,this world,as we know it,is in hands of very few people,10 at most.Correct me if I\m wrong,but I think human race itself will be responsible for the end of the world.Someone said earlier, "this planet ain't going nowhere for a long,long time".True,I agree.There's just this one other thing:we won't be here to see it!Cheers

Well I think that talking about the end of the world doesn't change anything but it is a good thing, since it brings out the question of the beginning of the world and acctually gives us something deeper to think about...How can we answer if the world is going to end someday if we do not know how it started, where it is located (where lays our space?) and what world acctually is?!I think that phisicians are goping down a veeery wrong way, thinking that the world started someday and it is about to end one day...things just are - this is important in my point of view! You can say that they were created by GOD or something else (just to point out...talking about what god did without knowing what or who GOD is, is not smart imo) but the main thing is that we are here with our problems, history and we try to live as happy as we can and avoid pain...The fact that the world is about to end someday or not, won't change a thing in our life - we have to enjoy the moment in a way that brings us eternal happines not just momentary one, because all material things pass and suffering is therefore inevitable...so stop worryin if the world is going to end someday, but try to think or maybe even understand WHY YOU ACCTUALLY LIVE!my humble opinion

The end of the world will scientifically be when the sun sucks in the whole solar system, then if civilization still continues we will soon be hit by the collapse of the universe. So even if mankind suvives one devastation there will always be a bigger one. There is the debate about the hurricanes and huge waves but these all lead up to global warming then to an Ice age. We will live through the Ice age and will maybe conolize other planets.

The fact that the world is about to end someday or not, won't change a thing in our life - we have to enjoy the moment in a way that brings us eternal happines not just momentary one, because all material things pass and suffering is therefore inevitable...so stop worryin if the world is going to end someday, but try to think or maybe even understand  WHY YOU ACCTUALLY LIVE!

207157[/snapback]

heavensounds, I understand what you are saying here, And in some way I agree with you. But answering the question 'why am I actually a live?' is so hard to answer that it's almost like worrying if the world is going to end someday or not. I don't think we are capable of answering the question on how the world will end let alone how it even started..!

But Im sure we all agree that it's not usefull to break our heads about it if we don't need it, but in a debate it won't hurt right??

Well I don't think the end of the world isn't anywhere near. Its just that the planet is having a bad day at work LOLz. The disaster family seem to be striking all at once and economy is under heavy pressure. Sure we'll make it through. Lets pray for all the departed souls.

I believe ke they have already had several "ends of the world" in different times and different places. I suppose that for the vitnamitas the end of the world was when it exploited the atomic bomb, for africa a plague of AIDS and for the Jews... Hitler's birth ConfusedMe thanks to what is (God, luck,... that is another topic) I have not still listened any shot, any bomb, I have not suffered any "end of the world", I have not seen people suffer, in conclusion, I live in the paradise comparing me with other people of other countries that have suffered world ends when their dear beings have died, there is not another end but I last that that.When fades the Sun all will we be soup of the stew and do I hope that stops many years they still happen, the planet Earth is not anyway, the only planet that exists in the whole universe (do I think) Because hibamos to be only in this life? and if there is another planet with different habit, knowledge, beliefs (etc)? will we be able to put on in contact some day? Sinceramnte, I wait that not, because if we don't still clear up with this world, alone us toward other lack but (we were few and the grandmother gave birth to) WallWe are in a dream where every day they are born and people die, it would be beautiful that the causes of those deaths are not for a suicidal attack... or for some weapon of massive destruction... Rolling EyesIn short, we will never end up getting the world peace, there is not anything good if there is not something bad.Some Christian with those that I have chatted concerning to the topic "End of the world" have told me that the Bible doesn't reveal day neither hour of this event. But some biblical verses that insinuate exist that we are not very far from that day. They say that it is necessary that the Gospel is shown in the entire world before, so that all have the opportunity to know Christ and they can be salvos. Me not you if it has already been shown or not the Gospel in the entire world but they must be some corners where they have not even been spoken of Jesus.(Mateo 24: 14) "and this Gospel of the Kingdom will be preached in the entire world By testimony to all the gentile ones; and then the end will come." Undoubtedly the earth will disappear some dia,pero we won't see it.Let us dedicate then to save and to preserve what we have for the coming generations that nobody can predict what will happen tomorrow's day.(From that of the Torres Gemelas I prefer to live the day to day,that to eat up the coconut thinking of the distant tomorrow).

Ah, the 'end of the world + religion' evergreen thread.Just to weigh in :- Believe whatever you want, as long as you don't try to force it on others or brainwash them. Personally? I think that when I die, all the electrical activity in my body will stop and I'll just be another lump of carbon and oxygen, albeit one that gets treated nicely.- Regarding humanity's future : the species will survive. As was said above, someone will always survive the superbomb or the killer plague. However, society as a whole probably won't last too long, and in the aftermath of [disaster of choice] no-one's really going to give a fig about things like culture.

But Im sure we all agree that it's not usefull to break our heads about it if we don't need it, but in a debate it won't hurt right??

207967[/snapback]

Look here, fellas, I'm at a loss to guess what everyone here mean by "end of the world".

From what I can read, some seem to refer to the end of Earth, or the whole solar system, while on the other hand, some others seem to imply mankind self-destruction or disappearance due to nature's claim on Earth integrity.

Just what the heck are we talking about? Well, from what I can see, Mr Santos' preaches succeed at least in bringing even more confusion than was prevailing before he started to talk his head out :) .

Im not religious, but I do stand open for different religions. Im just finding my own way of believing...and I'm still learning about different religions...but anyway

A week ago I went to the church with my sister who recently totally have 'givin'her self 2 God. She believes. Actually I never (or very often) go 2 the church. But this time there was a ceremony with this Cuban preacher called mr. Santos. He was preaching about some christian nowadays not being the real christians God meanted for those to become, when saying that they believe in God. His point was, they believe, but they don't read the bible. That some of the christian think that; oh well yeah, if I go to the church that's enough...I believe, so now I can go too heaven...

It's not like that, he says. He says God's want them to learn about what they believe in through the  Holy Spirit (Im repeating what mr Santos said litterly!!)

I think there can be a part of truth in there, cuz I often see people who claim to be christian, but do things (like saying bad words, doing bad things, that Isn't mentioned in the bible at all, or whut sounds everything but good to do to me!)

I think that, if you say you believe in God and the bible, you should act like it.

Okay Im sounding like a christian 2 at this moment, but I'm not. Im still learning about the bible but also other religions. Please understand that im not tryin too push anybody or hurt anybody's feelings about what Im telling about this all.

To go back to what I actually wanted to tell, is that mr. Santos something said about the 'end of the world'. He said: You do these things, but what will you do when the end of the world comes? (he carefully linked to the hurricanes, if I understood this correctly, but didn't say this with many words.)

Im just wondering. The end of the world...what should I imagine when thinking of this? I mean...the hurricanes...is this the end of the world...or absolutely not and do you think this is crap.

Im not trying to involve religions with allt his orsomething, but because of the man (mr Santos) said this in his preach...I wondered what you all think about it. Please don't feel bad, or try to defend you religion or whatever,,,, just discuss and tell me what you think....okay?:P

200162[/snapback]

Oka, i personally think the world is going to end by the humand race or by what the human race has caused.

Just think what if World war 3 Started over USA and some powerfull country

to keep from lose 1 of the countrys would try and use nukes, and when you get enough nukes it will destroy our planets atomospher and we would not beable to surive long becuase of radioactive fallout

Look here, fellas, I'm at a loss to guess what everyone here mean by "end of the world".

From what I can read, some seem to refer to the end of Earth, or the whole solar system, while on the other hand, some others seem to imply mankind self-destruction or  disappearance due to nature's claim on Earth integrity.

Just what the heck are we talking about? Well, from what I can see, Mr Santos' preaches succeed at least in bringing even more confusion than was prevailing before he started to talk his head out  :P .

210798[/snapback]

You are right, but he and other people do make others think about it (even you).

You say you are at a loss to guess what everyone means by énd of the world' . I agree there are many different images about this topic. But that's what this topic was meant for. I wanted to know what people think about what the end of the world would be like, or if they even think it will appear any time?

So, you are right, this mr Santos could have brought some people (like maybe you) in confusion, but hey, many people think about this and think this end f th world is a very normal thread to discuss about??

At least I hope so.

i think that religion is the biggest load of crap ever invented.it has given people a supposedly legitimate reason to commit murder based on their own self beliefs.
from herod killing babies , pilot crucifying jesus , holy wars to complete nutters using airplanes at 9/11.
all for what ..... religious belief .... the after life .... what a waste when nobody can actually prove the afterlife exists.
so why not believe in what you can prove ... this life and enjoy it for what it is.

Ok dude I am christian and i am very strong in my beliefs. And in the bible, it has ten commandents and one of them is "Thal shal not murder." So before you say something that you don't know much about, you may want to read a little first. Muder, and all the other sins are frowned upon. And also you are offending a lot of people.