xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AmandaB78

A Poem To My Little Sister A poem I wrote

DespiteThe despite I see Reminds meOf the days when I was once like youAlways doubting thingsNot wanting what tomorrow bringsDoing almost anything I wanted to.Sure it may not be a big deal nowBut over time you'll findThat all the mistakes you've made somehow Will never leave your mind.Follow your heart but make sure you do what's right,This day could be the start to a better lifeTry not to make all the mistakes I've madeI'm sure a few won't hurtBut remember all the advice I gavePlease bury this in your heart.

Well, it's good, but you made the poem to rhyme. Sometimes, you should find words that fit better and they don't have to rhyme all the time. Of course, rhymimg would be better, but words that fit would be better than rhyming.:PPS: Why would you write about your sister? Haha.

whastever

A Poem To My Little Sister

Replying to BordaForx

First off all that is what poems are is rhyming they don't always have to have words that fit together if that is what poems are then we might as well just wright a story wrather than poetry and it iis not even funny hwta you wrote about why would you even right about your sister becasue some peole lov their sisters so why did you even put that haha after what you said...

-reply by alejandra

Sisters are there when you need themEven when your hurtThey'll be right beside youLike a sister shirt.Sisters what can I sayWhenever you are in need They will of course be thereTo do a special deed-reply by Tyla

Well, it's good, but you made the poem to rhyme. Sometimes, you should find words that fit better and they don't have to rhyme all the time. Of course, rhymimg would be better, but words that fit would be better than rhyming.

Posted Image

PS: Why would you write about your sister? Haha.

yeah he has a point. you don't need to make everything rhyme. all poems don't have to rhyme. and it only sounds good if the rhyming is good. if it is cheap crappy rhyming it sounds horrible. good job though. keep up the good work.

how do u find this poem itA Poem To My Little Sister

"Grandmother"

She has gone

With her she took my soul

She left me alone

Of sorrows she made my heart full  

No new yesterday to see your lovely eyes

No more sun rise

No green plants of spring

No beautiful song to sing

No birds to fly

Not even time to say good bye

No feast to celebrate

Without you, I?m in a terrible state

No happy birthday

No soft word to say

No flowers bloom

Either agony or gloom

No other January rain

Nothing to wash my pain

No last year?s autumn breeze

When we were wandering under the trees

Listening to the rustle of the falling leaves

No bright summer morning

No hot tea to drink in the evening

No walking in the streets of august night

To meet the friends and watch the moonlight

No first of June

Only this sad tune

No smooth July

To see the blue colour of the sky

Neither autumn nor winter

Can bring back my grandmother

Neither spring nor summer

Can make me see my grandmother

She has gone

With her she took my soul

She left me alone

Of sorrows she made my heart full 

Hajar

-reply by hajar

I loved it its really good it reminds me just how speshle my little sister is to me and that I should stop treeting her like dirt just becouse of something my dad said to me when I was little your poem reminds me how happy I was when she was born and how mad I was cuz the dr wouldnt let me see her when she was born or vary sick and everytime she went in the er how I would stay up all night praying and crying that she would be ok even if it was nuthing to worry about so thank u for opening my eyes and makeing me remember and relize that shes the only sister I have and no one in the world can replace her  

-reply by Shawnee