xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gogoily

The First Time I Use Mac Come in and check this out

Well, it's a kind of shame that I've never used MAC before though I've been a website programmer for years.I saw lots of Mac themes (using styleXP) and I really like them and like to try these themes. But, a PC is NOT a MAC however you change your XP theme, so sometimes I was really depressed. Though Mac is suitable for web designers not for PHP programmer.Yesterday, finally, I saw a real Mac in my friends' domatory, It's an iBook. You can't imagine how excitment I was that moment. I stayed there until midnight !!Wish I can have a Mac someday !!

The first computer I used on an everyday basis was a Mac. Mind you, this was back in 1984 when they first came out - in all it's monochrome screen glory. Since then, 've been using Windows. Nowadays, with the new iBooks and PowerBooks on the market - not to mention the popularity of the entertainment software (QuickTime and iTunes), Macs are back in style! I'm a Windows XP user, but at times I'm thinking whether my next computer should be a Mac.

I am using a mac right now. I also have a windows laptop. I miss the backspace and rt-click buttons sometimes. Other than that, you just get used to it. I don't really notice much difference.

I've never owned a MAC but I have used them.They always were the standard of choice in the professional graphics industry for photographers and print media publishers.But for the type of stuff that I do, such as web work and graphics, I find that my WinXP based PC does just fine.

I've seen a MAC, my friend got one. I got some chance to use it. It's doens't freeze and it's doesn't need a restart every hour. And finally, it looks much better than windows in mac theme.(A little better than KDE+Baghira)

You gotta use a Mac Os X to say that "I've used a Mac" The one's at schools are .... Well something like 9.x which is really old...BUT I've had a 12 inch iBook for a year which was Mac OS X and that was pretty good...It also looked much much prettier then my Dell laptop so that makes a difference :P

Well I have used a Mac only twice in my life. The first was an ordonary Mac... it was a hard experience for me... I was trying to write an email and beeing used to the keyboard of normal computers I made a lot of spelling mistakes. Not to mention the single click mouse which was indeed a horrible experience. It's hard enought with a mouse without a scroll, but without right click it's a nightmare. The second time I used a Mac (a miniMac) was in a store. I was amazed by the small size (and by the price tag but that is another story).Personally I wouldn't spend a lot of money on a computer on which I can only install Mac OS X (even Linux beats OS X on software support... I really can't imagine what I could do with OS X). I have read in a PC magazine about the fact that they are dropping the G series of CPU's in favor of intel pentium... maybe someday they will change their OS or give us the option to change it...