xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kservice

Fear Opinions

I thought i would start a post on FEAR, since i just bought it, and would like to see others opinion on the game. I like the game, think the graphics are pretty sick, and all the craziness inbetween is cool. I think the handling of game is kinda clumsy, but i guess this is in order to replicate "realism." Honestly, i think characters and map details look better in HL2. But FEAR's effects are real nice, except that when you shoot a gun the bullet coming out makes the gun look like a super soaker...I think the game gets a little lost in this. Consider, the game offers realism of particle richochet and sparks, dust, etc. Also, when shooting, the gun will lose a lot of aim and a player must compensate for this. And yet all i see are white lines coming out of my gun...kinda *happy*. Also, there is basically only one speed play in the game, a jog, i guess, cause i don't think anyone bobs up and down so much when walking. The lean options are real cool though, and all developers should consider this when making a FPS. If anyone knows of a/some review sites of graphic cards + FEAR, especially if they have a SLI review, PLEASE POST! kservice

I've heard that this game has some amazing effects, for example very realistic explosions, sparks and smoke after you shoot the wall etc. The only thing that worries me is that it runs at pretty low FPS even on high-end computers, like for examle on maximum resolution with maximum settings on a 7800GTX SLi system the game pulls out only 30FPS, sounds unrealistic but it is true.