xisto Community
iplay

What Do You Think Of Banner Exchange Services? i hate them :(

do YOU like banner exchanges?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i used a banner exchange once and i hade to show like 10 other banners just to get mine shown once!!!!!!!!!!

its a big scam

most of the banners i got were not from other ppl but the exchange sites own banners

ITS ALL A SCAM< IM NEVER USING ONE AGAIN

:lol:^_^

Notice from cmatcmextra:
Titles must be as DESCRIPTIVE possible. I Used 1 Once it Was Rubbish.

Try to avoid abbreviating words. This is a FORUM not a chat room. BTW no only has one "o". Edited out and warned.

Edited by cmatcmextra (see edit history)

It's not a scam. That's how traffic exchange programs work - you do a little for them, they do a little less for you. You can't expect to be able to come along with your tiny site that probably gets no or very few visitors, and instantly have them give you a 1:1 exchange ratio for free. A 1:10 ratio might be a bit steep, but you shouldn't expect to get any more than 1:3 without paying for it. No offense, but this is a bit like people whining about having to post in order to receive otherwise free hosting - you can't expect to go through life getting everything for nothing.

My banner exchanges bring me like 99% of my viewers and loyal viewers. I get loads of unique hits from them and people actualy click them. I've got one myself.. It only join button exchanges though as they are more popular.All the girly blogs have one or joined about a handful of button excanges.. most are 1:1

Well it may be that, but thats not what I am thinking. Im thinking that the banner exchange is just to show you litlle buttion on someonleses site. Beacuse noone is going to klick it. So I think that the bannerexchange is bad. I dont like it. B)

For me its word of mouth that will get me customers. All those banners on a single web site...just think..if i came to your website and saw all those banners....id think I had the wrong site and probably would leave. I hate ads and banners. Ill never allow them on my site. But to each their own I suppose. Were all here to make money right?

I personally disagree, as I have a cousin who has used a traffc exchange program, and found out he was cheated out of his time and effort.

It's not a scam. That's how traffic exchange programs work - you do a little for them, they do a little less for you. You can't expect to be able to come along with your tiny site that probably gets no or very few visitors, and instantly have them give you a 1:1 exchange ratio for free. A 1:10 ratio might be a bit steep, but you shouldn't expect to get any more than 1:3 without paying for it. No offense, but this is a bit like people whining about having to post in order to receive otherwise free hosting - you can't expect to go through life getting everything for nothing.

199110[/snapback]

LOL I have to say, as the owner of a banner exchage, we are not all scammers. I currently am displaying only members banner on my exchange. Even other banner exchanges. Banner exchanges are a very good way to get free advertising. It will only bring in so many hits though. It is considered very good if you get morea couple clicks out of a thousand banner impressions. You can't expect your site to grow from banner exchages alone, but it is a very good way to help get things moving.