xisto Community
rvalkass

My First Sig My first attempt at making a sig

After seeing loads of people making them I've decided to go ahead and try making a sig myself. Its not a patch on anything you lot are making but I generally work well from criticism, so go ahead.

Posted Image

The render is one I found on GameRenders.com and the background is made from a few brushes I downloaded and a fractal.

Comments and criticism please.

Thanks.

After seeing loads of people making them I've decided to go ahead and try making a sig myself. Its not a patch on anything you lot are making but I generally work well from criticism, so go ahead.

Posted Image

The render is one I found on GameRenders.com and the background is made from a few brushes I downloaded and a fractal.

Comments and criticism please.

Thanks.

198764[/snapback]

If that's your first try then that's pretty good. 9/10.

i'm gonna say the background's too flat and the text is too large and spread apart. I don't like the font. I'll give you points since its your first sig but I don't really like the dark blue horizontal lines. Not very creative, and makes the sig look strange overall. 5/10

I don't think the dark blue horizontals add a lot it either, you should try to bring out the fractal more, possibly brighter coloring. Also, does the image have a big balck ball in the middle? Or a sheild? Whatever it is, it seems brighter then the rest of the image. Cool look though.

lol yah if it is ur first then *darn* congradulations dude its pretty awsome..next i would probably start researching tutorials on blending your renders and text effects.. awsome job ^_^

well not being one to be brutally honest when some starts but i guess I will since my goal is to improbe sig designers in a rather quick fashion.-text is pixelated use the the anti-alais tool (highlight the text then right click look for smooth, also you have a drop down menu. But the text size is ok, just have to work at it.-background is bad literally i see that you used a fractal brush, but in order for it to look good you to need to grunge brush it in a little bit, i agree the lines don't help as well.-render looks a little blurry but that can be fixed make sure to click on the chain icon when shrinking the image down to size.

Yea, Its pretty good for your first sig. Like what other people have said, the horizontal lines detract away from your image. I would advise something a bit different for the background.Also, your sig is a bit bland but that can be expected for beginners. Try to add a little more colors and variations and then use it to make what you want to seem more important stand out better.I would rate it about 6/10, mainly because its your first sig. It's a lot better than what I did my first time ^_^

it's really nice for a first sig. my sigs are worse than that, so don't worry about it. thing is is the cut out character sticks out a lot fom the background. make it blend a little more, not like smear it, but just so that it fits "into" the background.