xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ZeroHawk

Which Shooter Game Should I Get?

K I wanna get some shooter games but I'm proabably only gonna end up getting 2. Here are the ones I want, but can't decide between:Counter Strike Source Battlefield 2 (pc or ps2?)Star Wars Battlefront (which system?)Conflict Global TerrorI have (well I'm gonna) have PS2 online and I'm interested in the onlin segments of these games. Any recommendations?

Definitely Counter Strike Source and Battlefield 2 on PC.FPS games really need to be played on PC for best multiplayer fun, online anyway. The PS2 isn't really the best for online play and FPS games anyway - you'd be better off with an Xbox. Apparantly Conflict Global Terror is rather average, and Star Wars Battlefront is alright, but Battlefield 2 really is good, and Counter Strike Source has a great online presence, though CS tends to be a love or hate affair these days.

I just wanna add this... If u are willing to buy Battlefield 2 and CS Source... u need to have extreme performance of ur computer... In my opinion, better solution to buy Counter Strike 1.6 and Battlefield 2...Counter Strike is kinda childness for me, 1.6 is much better...

K I wanna get some shooter games but I'm proabably only gonna end up getting 2. Here are the ones I want, but can't decide between:

Counter Strike Source

Battlefield 2 (pc or ps2?)

Star Wars Battlefront (which system?)

Conflict Global Terror

I have (well I'm gonna) have PS2 online and I'm interested in the onlin segments of these games. Any recommendations?

198615[/snapback]

I encourage you to choose Battlefield 2 on PC.

Of course, you need to have strong computer to pplay online :P

F.E.A.R and Quake 4 are the best games atm. But, if your pc is too slow to play it, try battlefield 2, it is a very tactical game, online. The singleplayer is absolutely nothing in BF2, they might cud have removed it, cus it's useless and pointless. Counter Strike Source is a very good shooter online at the moment, much competition

K I wanna get some shooter games but I'm proabably only gonna end up getting 2. Here are the ones I want, but can't decide between:

Counter Strike Source

Battlefield 2 (pc or ps2?)

Star Wars Battlefront (which system?)

Conflict Global Terror

I have (well I'm gonna) have PS2 online and I'm interested in the onlin segments of these games. Any recommendations?

198615[/snapback]

Battlefield 2 is easily the best of those (who cares if the single-player sucks? It only matters if you have a 56k modem or below). I'm going to get Modern Combat for the Xbox 360. Battlefront 2 is good. It's better than the original (for both single and multiplayer. Battlefront 2 is probably best on PC (even though the PC version got the lowest rating, that's only b/c the PC version is being compared to stuff like Battlefield 2; the PC version is still the best of the 4 versions). Battlefront 2 is even less realistic than the first one (in terms of what constitutes realistic in the Star Wars universe). The vehicles are weaker now though (much, much needed), the theme is darker, there are a ton more planets, space is fun (even if it is rediculously unrealistic), the new weapons, bonuses, and heroes are cool and well-implemented as well.

I'd recommend both BF2s (lol).

First a recomend Battlefield 2 for the pc. This game has very good grafhics and a extremele, addictive multiplayer (-gameplay). Although, you must have a high-end pc to use al these extra grafical feautures. Secondly, if you want a good singleplayer game, go for FEAR. This game has very good graphics and a good gameplay. You can also choose Quake 4, wich uses a engine that is build on the Doom lll engine, wich has very good grafhics.

i can tell you off that batt, purchase battlefield 2, it is by far the BESt fps game around, the only problem is it takes a GREAT pc to run... currently im using a p4 3.4 HT processor with 1gb duel channeled DDR2 ram, ati x700PRO gfx gard, fast rpm HD etc etc and i can only play the game on all LOW setting and be comfortable...The game is a system resource hog, the gfx arent THAT "mindblowing", but the gameplay is by far the best,countless times i sit and play, laugh my heart out from all the funny stuff in game, and have a LOT of fun. Not to mentiont he new features they have for promoting/ranking and unlocking guns/awards etc based on your performance on ranked servers, it's amazingly competitive and fun.But one thing more importantly about BF2, exect ALLOT of amazingly developed mods to come out for it, and expansions, for ultimate replay value!

I have 55 gb left on my hard drive, 3.1 GHZ and 500mb ram. I'm getting a new graphics card soon, so that ain't a problem. Would BF2 work on my comp? Cuz BFVietnam is slightly laggy online on lowest gfx.

i think u should get star wars battle front 2 because the gameplay is awsome. I like the fact you can be yoda or han solo or anikan. also, the soldire class (guy with auto gun[storm trooper, rebel soldire ect]) isnt the best guy for every situation. Also if u have hdtv or not, the graphics are intense. :)

Well of course you can purchase SOCOM III its pretty good im about halfway through it On Commander, so its worth a purchase, let me know about conflitc terrorism, conflict desert Storm I and II were ok but nothing like Ghost Recon and SOCOM series.

I bought Counter-Strike Source... after I downloaded it and joined a server I had the MOST horrible lag i have ever had in my life. I guess it is just because of my computer but the computer was a brand new dell... If you do buy counter strike source make sure your computer's video card is good enough to run the game smoothly